SHXCXCHCXSH Interview

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Den Bosch
brown envelope
SHXCXCHCXSH Interview

Post by Den Bosch »

http://secretthirteen.org/st-interview-shxcxchcxsh/

Rare interview about artistic influences like 90's hip hop and movies as well as doing something new in an otherwise unexciting time for techno.
So you channel the emotion via texture? What do you use to create it?

Yeah, that’s more and more how we work with the sound. At the beginning we worked with drum machines and normal synths and stuff, but it has more and more become a work with just sounds. A kick drum is always a kick drum. But a sample could be anything. And a sample is always more of a texture. A sample has more texture in it than an analog drum machine.

There is no specific production technique, it just happens that we turn on this whole amount of frequencies. In every sound we have this. We do it in many many different ways. Most stuff goes through some analog machines at some point, but generally it is very mixed [between analog and digital]. It is good to have them both.
Can't understand why they're not talked about more on this forum. One of the most interesting acts of this moment imo.

youtu.be/eoLQJven0Hc

youtu.be/RNX5KyuHdDM

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: SHXCXCHCXSH Interview

Post by Críoch »

Yeah.. I really like them. Been following them for a long time now. Always interesting.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

There is no message or specific idea that we want to communicate. There is no symbolic content at all. It is just what it is.
It always amazes me that this attitude is so common in techno. As if one could just create an artistic non-object and negate fundamental aesthetic experience (ie. art) in itself by putting on a mask. It doesn't hold up even to the tiniest amounts of reflection or scrutiny.

I like some of their stuff, a lot of it is a bit weird and wonky and has humour. But that stupid techno unreflected techno mask ideology is totally at odds with that just drags it down.

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

dubdub wrote:
There is no message or specific idea that we want to communicate. There is no symbolic content at all. It is just what it is.
It always amazes me that this attitude is so common in techno. As if one could just create an artistic non-object and negate fundamental aesthetic experience (ie. art) in itself by putting on a mask. It doesn't hold up even to the tiniest amounts of reflection or scrutiny.

I like some of their stuff, a lot of it is a bit weird and wonky and has humour. But that stupid techno unreflected techno mask ideology is totally at odds with that just drags it down.

[Edit: I mistakingly posted a blank reply!!]
Last edited by intrusav on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

dubdub wrote:

Maybe they are sick of being asked the same questions about the meaning behind their music or something. I can imagine that getting tiresome. It seems that a lot of interviews get hung up on a "message" in artistic output and try to give it some merit or weight or fan some sensationalist media hype shite. Maybe that's their way of simply saying that you shouldn't read into it and just enjoy it? ..

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Gotta love these ladies. Oops
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I mean, for the record, if people want to put on stupid masks, fine. They just shouldn't be delusional about what they are doing.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

dubdub wrote:I mean, for the record, if people want to put on stupid masks, fine. They just shouldn't be delusional about what they are doing.
Well the main reason I'd ever contemplate wearing a mask while performing would be for tax purposes, which might also just be the case for a large majority of them, tricking you into thinking they want to come across all mysterious and cool while they're just looking to make an extra couple of bucks. So you see how being open about it would throw a wrench in the whole scheme.
Besides Anklepants of course, though that should go without saying really.
how far do you want to go

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I can't be bothered with them. They have no respect to the people who helped them out when they were lesser known.

So for that, can't be fucked to follow their shallow emptiness.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Lost to the Void wrote:I can't be bothered with them. They have no respect to the people who helped them out when they were lesser known.

So for that, can't be fucked to follow their shallow emptiness.
I'm guessing you are talking about Subsist? A lot of artists seem to treat old records on smaller, "uncool" labels as almost this blight on their career as soon as they are signed to a "fashionable" label.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

It's happened to Fon so many times now.

It's kind of a separate point but the sense of community and loyalty is long dead.
Everything feels so fuckin' mercenary now.
New Shit

Den Bosch
brown envelope

Post by Den Bosch »

Sounds bad, care to explain? I know you're affiliated with Subsist and SHX used to release there but
that's it. Also Stanislav Tolkachev and SHX are playing the same event near me in a few weeks so I guess there's no beef there even though they used to be label mates at Subsist?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Fon is just a good person with a big heart and I support him. But I'm not affiliated with the label, I send him music from time to time, and do some of the mastering when they want a special job done.

All the nice people get shit on in this game.

Stani is as mad as talking tree, so who knows, I expect all will be fine. If he makes it to the gig.
New Shit

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

I remember their release on Subsist. I didn't know it was that bad they neglected Fon now. What a shame if it's like that
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005