Interact. Don't Spam.
Re: Save 1000's on crackle noises and wibbles

Post by Bocaj »

So what's the verdict?

xonetacular
Gnasher

Post by xonetacular »

I downloaded it out of boredom since im away from home/studio due to the hurricane. It sounds good, the mutable stuff sounds like mutable stuff- because it is. Never saw the appeal of virtual modular before but I guess it's kind of neat being free. Made it like 25 minutes before I got annoyed with turning knobs with a track pad which makes it more tedious to come up with things than real modular which is tedious in its own ways, but that's expected. If I didn't have experience with modular and a lot of the modules I would be really lost since I think physical modules are easier to tweak and get going with than mess with one knob at a time with a mouse. plus the interface of the mutable stuff can be a bit opaque at first so you would probably want to read the manuals for each of the real modules to understand them.

Seems to be lacking quite a bit of basic stuff that would make it better (no simple LFOs or VCOs with lfo range, just tides...). also would be nice if you could stack cables instead of using a mult module. It's free so pretty cool all said and will be nice once they add more modules and improve it.

HowieRis
quasi-public

Post by HowieRis »

Looks good, I will check it out tomorrow when I have a few hours to play. Thanks!

I'm liking these free software modular platforms - perfect for learning about generative stuff and farming interesting clips whenever they crop up.

disparate
I forgot.... So baked.

Post by disparate »

this came up on the preview as "Save 1000's on crack..."

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

I read a few reviews about issues with stability so not tried it yet.

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

I don't own any modular, just downloaded, this is so fun.

Always liked the look of the mutable instruments stuff. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing but I had some fun getting some sounds out of it. Something new to learn and sounds different most of my sound sources and already recorded a few sounds that sound cool and I don't have a clue really so learning it could yield some nice samples.

Cool idea that it's open source and free. Very nice.

dynamic
BAD

Post by dynamic »

It's super cool imo! Has some bugs and sometimes freezes, but still it is super fun.