UAD plugins for 2 buss SSL G and Neve 33609

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
juxtpose
BAD
UAD plugins for 2 buss SSL G and Neve 33609

Post by juxtpose »

Hey all,
so I've been a big fan of using the UAD Ampex on the 2 buss for the glue and extra headroom.
Looking at other options just to spice things up and add to my repertoire as well as occasionally the Ampex depending on the material, changes the bottom end in a way I dont like.
So my question is specifically what peeps here think about the SSL G and the Neve 33609 as possible alternatives as a 2buss compressor. I realise Im just going to have to experiment my way and go with what I like but its always nice to get a bit of assurance like yeah the SSL G works great on blah blah etc if you know what I mean
Just read the guide to buss compression here with the Klanghelm plug, good read Im gonna go and try that now.
But yeah mainly curious about the above two plugs and what experiences people have had with them on the 2 buss, please excuse the very specific nature of this q

The_G
Artificial Hazard
Re: UAD plugins for 2 buss SSL G and Neve 33609

Post by The_G »

I've heard that the SSL G sounds great but is absolutely brutal on your CPU.

juxtpose
BAD

Post by juxtpose »

depends on how much processing power you have with either the soundcard or the pcie cards.
So far Im finding SSL G more useful, the Neve has tended to bring out the punch in the track more, which depending on the material is not always as useful

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Never messed with it, just read a review.