Sonarworks - not feeling it?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
arkos
Re: Sonarworks - not feeling it?

Post by arkos »

Lost to the Void wrote:Well the problem is, that large EQ diversions have unavoidable artefacts. If you can live with them, fine, let`s see what your mastering engineer has to say about that side...

It`s not that it can`t make large corrections, it`s just that it is best not to. This is really room tuning software, not room fixing software, and of course it doesn`t deal with time domain problems.
Yes sir I am aware of that, I'm just such a fanboy it has literally saved me from a lot of grief.

I do wish I had space for treatment the latency of Sonarworks sometimes drives me crazy but all in good time.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Sonarworks now has a "everything" version instead of a plugin, I wonder if that works any better
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

somehow I got motivated and tried to improve the graph of my room by making some adjustments
to bass traps and repositioning the speakers in a more thoughtful way. I m trying to get the correction to be as minimum as possible.
as ppl here suggested that the big jumps are really the worst.
Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-28, 10.24.01 μ.μ..png
Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-28, 10.24.01 μ.μ..png (58.42 KiB) Viewed 256 times
this is much better than this
Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-28, 3.01.48 μ.μ..png
Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-28, 3.01.48 μ.μ..png (74.98 KiB) Viewed 256 times
the huge correction on the lows and subs is now mild and the top of the corrections is shorter.
using the plug in feels more natural and less hyped. so I think you all have right that the sound feels hyped when the correction is at its maximum.
so my conclusion is that you can use the software only after you ve made sure that a basic treatment have been established and basic rules of speaker
placement have been followed and blah blah...
it is making wonders when the improvements are subtle but don t expect to solve all the problems of a room with the press of a button.
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''