Elektron Analog Four MKII and Rytm MKII

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
terryfalafel
Component
Re: Elektron Analog Four MKII and Rytm MKII

Post by terryfalafel »

I think there was a bit more justification for charging extra for the Premium Overbridge for Digitally, which was an entirely new and much cheaper product. Having it as a paid extra on an €1800 product does seem to be taking the piss a bit.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Lost to the Void wrote:Nah that's just Elektron fanboy speak. You build your hardware to have a software interface, in an age of super interconnectivity, you include it in the price, not as a premium.
That's the same as game companies that disable features unless you pay extra for them as DLC, even though they are there already.
Pure cash grab.
They still charge boutique prices for their gear too, cheeky fucks.

Got my new APC live, total software integration is part of the package, they give a free license for the MPC 2.0 software. And the next software update will enable the WiFi connectivity, no need to even plugin.... All part of the original purchase price, no "premium".

Elektron are fast becoming shitbiscuits.
Thay still are boutique, i've applied for an internship there and i remeber hearing they have a very small and dense team. Akai is been around for a while now.

Anyway Im not in rhe position to discuss as i dont know to much about anything.

8-)

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

collide wrote:
Alume wrote:Besides I believe that waldorf also offers a 100 euro software thingy with the blofeld.
You've read that on the Elektron forum.
I have an eye on you bro! ;)
Man, i should have used multiple aliases!

What is your name over there, el cuntness?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Sure boutique... With offices in Gothenburg, LA and Tokyo and sponsorship with big commercial acts.

They were boutique. Now they are not and slowly heading in to a more mass marketing direction.
It's a shame. But you can see the direction they are heading in already.
Their customer service used to be amazing too.....

I was a bit of an Elektron fanboy, I've owned all their gear except the monomachine, which I still might get, but meh, totally fallen out of love with them now. The kool aid wore off.
I've always used them as live gear though, so my take is different, but there are so many options for quality portable live gear that having to adapt your brain to the unintuitive fiddle of the Elektron model is no longer necessary. Whereas once it was the best live option.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

Alume wrote:
collide wrote:
Alume wrote:Besides I believe that waldorf also offers a 100 euro software thingy with the blofeld.
You've read that on the Elektron forum.
I have an eye on you bro! ;)
Man, i should have used multiple aliases!

What is your name over there, el cuntness?
I only read there sometimes and have no account.
Trying not to waste to much time on multiple forums.

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

Lost to the Void wrote:Nah that's just Elektron fanboy speak. You build your hardware to have a software interface, in an age of super interconnectivity, you include it in the price, not as a premium.
That's the same as game companies that disable features unless you pay extra for them as DLC, even though they are there already.
Pure cash grab.
They still charge boutique prices for their gear too, cheeky fucks.
Agree with all of this, but I'll be damned if they aren't going to get my money for a Rytm MKII in a couple of months anyhow. It's *exactly* the item I've always wanted in the studio. I'm a bit peeved about it. Cheeky fucks indeed.