bitwig

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
yentz
site spammer
bitwig

Post by yentz »

hi

i am using ableton live and as several times posted here already i am having problems with a non stable inputlatency.
people in the forum as well as friends told me that i am not the only person with this problem.
we had a really good session yesterday and after two hours the sync was off. no chance to get it back on track except adjusting manually and after a couple of spliffs this is not the most easy thing to do...

so i was thinking about bitwig as i am back on windows and logic isnt an option. the reviews are not clear some say it is impressive others gibe it quite bad reviews but when reading it really sounds as if they are looking for issues when reviewing.
does anyone in here use bitwig with external hardware?

if so how does it work? do you experience any sync issues?

cheers,

jens

The_G
Artificial Hazard
Re: bitwig

Post by The_G »

Bitwig is supposed to be a lot like Ableton, and has a wonderful modulation system. Never used it myself, though.

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

gonna try the demo later and if sync problems stay out i will go for it. really frustrating with ableton. we had two or three hour jam session yesterday and once it ran out of sync we couldnt continue. it is a real flowkiller

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Hi Jens, you could also lool at a sync box if you dont want to completely switch daws.

Personally i use the r multiclock and ive never had any sync related issues since.

One of my best music related purchases. Notnsure whats the best on the market nowadays, though the multiclock can be found quite cheap second hand.

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

i am using a multiclock and when listening through a mixer everything is supertight. it is ableton that is causing instable latency compensation on the input signals