Looking for a new audio interface & monitorings

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
MeTeK
Interact. Don't Spam.
Looking for a new audio interface & monitorings

Post by MeTeK »

Hello guys,

I have in my mind to change my setup. Currently i have two KRK ROKIT 8 G3 & a Roland Quad Capture.

Obviously it's for techno.

I have 1500€ budget.

Maybe a combo A7X & Scarlett 18i8 ? What do you think about it ? Any suggestion ?

Thanks

PixelKind
who is it?
Re: Looking for a new audio interface & monitorings

Post by PixelKind »

Whats your motivation to change the audio interface?

Have you heard the Adams before? They have a very special sound. Its a love or hate thing so better try them before buying

dippy egg
Unartful

Post by dippy egg »

I would definitely recommend going to a store and listening to a number of different monitors with some tracks you know really well. Also take some of your own tracks too. Monitors can be quite a personal thing so it can be difficult for others to advise you.

What are your requirements in an audio interface?

dippy egg
Unartful

Post by dippy egg »

Also, do you have acoustic treatment in your room? This is arguably more important than your monitors. I upgraded my Rokits for Focal Alpha 65s. In the shop the Focals were infinitely superior but in my untreated room the difference was much smaller as the problems in my room haven't been addressed. I won't consider another monitor upgrade until after I get acoustic treatment.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Can't go wrong with Scarlett.

If you use a search there function, there are a whole bunch of monitor threads that will be useful.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Love my a7xs. Thats all i can say about that. They are capable for sure.

Might look into rme cards well, maybe motu hybrid thingy.

It depends, like another mentioned before. What do you need?

remykruyer
BAD

Post by remykruyer »

i am using audient now for almost a year and i can really recommend it:

https://audient.com/products/audio-inte ... -overview/

Belka
Wastedddd

Post by Belka »

Do u have Hardware, do u use the interface for recording tasks or for external Audio DAC only?

Thies
Pig

Post by Thies »

Definatly try monitors if possible at home. (stuff like thomanns money back guarantee help with that) I don't really know how the small adams are, I only work on SH3X form time to time and they are pretty good as far as i can tell.
Maybe also take a look at focal, they just released a new series called shape (which seem to be pretty good according to reviews). But because of that the Focal CMS series got cheaper.

Regarding the Interface: I have a Focusrite Scarlett6i6 and I would not buy one of their scarlett series again. The software (Mixcontrol) is really bad and also the volume knob is a bad longterm solution (I'd get something where this is a digital knob/or only sofwarecontrolled/or with remote). When I listen on low volumes one speaker is louder than the other which fucks up the stereo field.. and they don't sell those knobs as spare parts afaik. Workaround is to use the other outputs and use the shitty mixcontrol software to adjust volume. Maybe I was just unlucky with my interface because a lot of people seem to like them.

Other than that I think there is a thread somewhere on the forum with some good suggestions too.

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

@Metek

It helps to add info about your demands and working environment, otherwise we can only shoot in the dark.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Do a forum search, there have been many many threads giving guidance for monitoring
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.