It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 90ies techno / breakbeat / rave sample CD's...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:50 pm 
Chernobyl

Donate and get the library, it's pretty awesome!

http://samples.kb6.de/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:50 am 
BAD

OHADOHAD wrote:
Southpaw wrote:
OHADOHAD wrote:
Was just about the recommended this website... but most of them are in mdx file, anyone knows how to deal with that kind of a file on Mac?
Thanks!

I assume this could apply to mac, im on pc but what i do is mount the file with Daemon tools lite, then I use a program called CDXtract to either save to .wav or Aiff, or just the whole program file for say Kontajt or Ableton Sampler

Tried it, for some reason Daemon tools doesn't want to mount mdx files on Mac...

What happens? I use the quickmount option, I don't get a recognition sound or anything and windows can't 'see' the virtual drive ( F in my case ) but when I click on the 'F' drive inside of CDXtract, the partitions become available. Some files I'm able to mount on a virtual drive from CDXtract itself but not the mdx files. Other than that, I have no clue as I'm not on Mac.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 am 
Wastedddd

I assume this could apply to mac, im on pc but what i do is mount the file with Daemon tools lite, then I use a program called CDXtract to either save to .wav or Aiff, or just the whole program file for say Kontajt or Ableton Sampler[/quote]

Tried it, for some reason Daemon tools doesn't want to mount mdx files on Mac...[/quote]

What happens? I use the quickmount option, I don't get a recognition sound or anything and windows can't 'see' the virtual drive ( F in my case ) but when I click on the 'F' drive inside of CDXtract, the partitions become available. Some files I'm able to mount on a virtual drive from CDXtract itself but not the mdx files. Other than that, I have no clue as I'm not on Mac.[/quote]

When I try to mount it with Daemon tools I get this: "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:11 pm 
BAD

Sounds like some sort of 'auto-follow-on' whereby the computer is automatically trying to read the mounted file when what you're wanting to do is just mount it and have CDXtract read it. When I get some time, I'm gonna batch convert everything to wav, if there's something you want and can't access, I could sort it out for you. I'm not including the program files though, so there aren't patches to load in say Sampler/Kontakt. The reason is, sometimes the conversion process messes up the patch and it just doesn't work. All I'm after is the multisampled old synths, analog and digital and its no effort to manually map those in a sampler anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:56 pm 
Wastedddd

Southpaw wrote:
Sounds like some sort of 'auto-follow-on' whereby the computer is automatically trying to read the mounted file when what you're wanting to do is just mount it and have CDXtract read it. When I get some time, I'm gonna batch convert everything to wav, if there's something you want and can't access, I could sort it out for you. I'm not including the program files though, so there aren't patches to load in say Sampler/Kontakt. The reason is, sometimes the conversion process messes up the patch and it just doesn't work. All I'm after is the multisampled old synths, analog and digital and its no effort to manually map those in a sampler anyway.

Yeah.. they keep adding stupid stuff to every new macOs, trying to block 3rd party stuff... If I try really hard I can probably solve it, but spent to much on it already so whatever...
But yeah, would be great if you could upload the wav files from these releases:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9PpR2 ... Z3aUE/view
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... HVydEFfUWs
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... UVkTnBRY0E

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:39 pm 
BAD

OHADOHAD wrote:
Southpaw wrote:

Yeah.. they keep adding stupid stuff to every new macOs, trying to block 3rd party stuff... If I try really hard I can probably solve it, but spent to much on it already so whatever...
But yeah, would be great if you could upload the wav files from these releases:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9PpR2 ... Z3aUE/view
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... HVydEFfUWs
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... UVkTnBRY0E

Thanks for your help!

I think I already converted the first 2 to wav, haven't got the last one yet. I'll get round to uploading them and post the links.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:44 pm 
BAD

I'll send you a PM when I have uploaded the converted files. If anyone else wants them, just send me a PM and I'll msg the download links. I'm trying to get it done today but I misbehaved last night and have had a visit from the Police. I have been banned from ASDA, I have upset the missus, upset my music making mate and I threw bacon onto the Mosque car park over the wall from my kitchen window. I'm not even remotely racist, they were revving engines at 3am. I don't even know why I felt the need to even say this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:04 pm 
Alto Trek

Southpaw wrote:
I'm not even remotely racist, they were revving engines at 3am. I don't even know why I felt the need to even say this.

you got "south" in your username !
man, that must make you a racist :lol:

tbh, just ignore the people that like to put you into their prejudiced minds.
It says more about them than it says about you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:48 pm 
BAD

Hades wrote:
Southpaw wrote:
I'm not even remotely racist, they were revving engines at 3am. I don't even know why I felt the need to even say this.

you got "south" in your username !
man, that must make you a racist :lol:

tbh, just ignore the people that like to put you into their prejudiced minds.
It says more about them than it says about you.

My username is to do with boxing, absolutely nothing to do with racism. Man, I'm a white guy, I couldn't care less about anyones skin colour, I was in a 10yr relationship with a mixed race woman before I fucked it up with drugs. The other stuff is that I don't agree with religion full stop but car engines revving at 3am has nothing to do with any religion, it's just inconsiderate, it could have been 2 christians. It's the principle and besides, before I threw the bacon, I was simply asking them to go elsewhere. I got called a white cunt and kuffar and stuff, it was only after that that I threw bacon.

There were 2 cars next two each other in what sounded like some fuckin engine revving competition.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 am 
Onions

Southpaw wrote:
... car engines revving at 3am has nothing to do with any religion, it's just inconsiderate...

Choosing to throw bacon at them though - that has lots to do with religion. So... yeah. Now you shared that fascinating anecdote I think you're an intolerant, Islamophobic bell-end.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:01 pm 
Alto Trek

totalcult wrote:
Southpaw wrote:
... car engines revving at 3am has nothing to do with any religion, it's just inconsiderate...

Choosing to throw bacon at them though - that has lots to do with religion. So... yeah. Now you shared that fascinating anecdote I think you're an intolerant, Islamophobic bell-end.

I do hope you're kind of kidding.
I think you are, but I'm still not sure. :)

Here's the thing though : unlike the color of your skin or your sexual nature, you can (and should !!) choose what you believe in. I realize that many times, the country you were born in decides which god you "must" worship, or whatever the way it is that the almighty man (who no doubt knows everything about god, if he even exists) choses he must be worshipped by. But yeah, it's a choice, nothing but that.
(consider that idea though : no matter what religion, it's basically always man who decides what rules we should follow, and there is no evidence whatsoever that this come from any god, because there's not even proof that god exists, nor is there proof that he doesn't exist (why is it even a he automatically ? we never say "she", nor do we say "it") )

I agree we should respect people's choice, and I agree throwing bacon wasn't exactly the best move,
but nonetheless, I wish some religions would try to act a little less easily insulted.
You can get killed for drawing a cartoon ffs.

Throwing bacon might not have been the best move, but at least he's honest about it.
I've thrown bacon to people on the streets many years ago while I was a student,
I honestly did, because it was the first thing I found at the time in my fridge and we were having fun.
(I also threw camembert, maybe that would have upset some Jews if they happened to be passing by and were carrying some meat at the same time, but yeah...)
This was of course, long before the days we all of a sudden had to be non-stop extra careful not to insult any muslims... :|

I wish people would just believe whatever it is what they wanted to believe in,
I have absolutely NO problem with that. I personally find any form of organized religion completely ridiculous the older I get (and I have a degree in theology), but people are free to choose whatever they want to believe, no doubt about that.
However, I'd also wish that they wouldn't expect the rest of the world to accept their stupid little rules about what not to eat, what not to cook (or even store) at the same time nor on the same stoves (Chassidim for example), what not to wear, what they should wear at all times,...
That stuff is their choice, and their choice alone.
Throwing bacon wasn't a very thoughtful move perhaps, but honestly... it's just a piece of meat. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 pm 
Onions

Hades wrote:
it's just a piece of meat. :)

I don't think it is. Not in this context. It's a piece of meat chosen with the express intention of causing someone religious offence. That's the difference.

Look... I don't believe in any religion either. But that doesn't make what he did right. He chose to share a weird story of intolerance on a techno forum. Not sure why he did, but he did. My opinion of him, based on that story, is that he's a bell-end.

Hades wrote:
This was of course, long before the days we all of a sudden had to be non-stop extra careful not to insult any muslims...

Now I hope you're joking too. This sort of divisive, fictional narrative, only benefits the extremists on both sides.

My wife's family are muslim. I don't have to be "extra careful" not to offend them. They're just normal people. Speaking about "muslims", or any race/religion in sweeping general terms is dangerous and misleading IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:15 pm 
Alto Trek

totalcult wrote:
Now I hope you're joking too. This sort of divisive, fictional narrative, only benefits the extremists on both sides.

My wife's family are muslim. I don't have to be "extra careful" not to offend them. They're just normal people. Speaking about "muslims", or any race/religion in sweeping general terms is dangerous and misleading IMHO.

I wasn't joking, completely true story. Just a simple student prank.
I have no idea which religion the people on the street had though. Those were the days (approx. 20 years ago now) when one didn't have to constantly think about things like that. :)

Though I do agree that one can't just make generalizations, for practical reasons, you can't always say "only this or this part of that or that part of X and Y religion"...
But I agree generalizations are, well, generally wrong. :)
However, what I always wondered about is this : I have worked together with muslims for years. Though most of them weren't even religious, (and even if they were, they didn't follow some of the basic rules of the koran like no drinking), they were still quite easily insulted for very little reason.
I mean, why get insulted if I use the word Mohamed, if you don't even believe in this god ?
It makes no sense.
The only other religious people (that I know of, over here where I live, just to make sure I'm not generalizing this to all religions everywhere ;) ) I found just as easily insulted, were the Chassidim.

I never understood that. I mean, as a child raised in our stupid catholic tradition, I don't get insulted if some guy wants to make a joke about any part of this religion. My wife is still religious, she doesn't get insulted by someone having a joke about christianity. (In fact, she has to take quite a few of my jokes from time to time.) And tbh, apart from a few very old people here or there, I know very few catholics here in Belgium (not talking about some of the more fanatic parts in the US) that can still get insulted by this.
I was once in a discussion with a total atheist ex-muslim, and yet, as soon as we started discussing some historical facts about the koran, he went into total overdrive to defend this book.
I was absolutely baffled by that.
You don't believe in the god, and you don't believe in the book, but yet you dislike it when people have a historical discussion about it ?
As the same guy told me earlier : "islam needs the sort of secular evolution that christianity had quite a while ago"
His words, not mine, but I do agree with them.
:)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:28 pm 
Alto Trek

The problem is that nowadays we are not allowed to have a free opinion on this.
I remember a friend of mine in high school used to just pretend he liked Hitler, only for a few weeks or so.
My friend is gay, so no way he really liked any of that nazi shit, EVER,
he actually hated it,
but at the time, being young and naive, he just liked to confront people with their fake "freedom of speech" shit.
And in theory, I totally agreed with what he was trying to do.
He never acted, in any way, according to this totally faked belief, so it was quite funny to see these folks all going into overdrive, while if they had taken just the smallest effort to try and talk to him, they would have noticed he was faking it and barely knew anything about nazism.

Anyway, giving an extreme example here of course, but I honestly believe that the more our society here (talking about most countries in Western EU now) is trying to censure us in our opinions, the more the stupid and uninformed people will start hating those people they're not allowed to say anything offensive about. Sadly, it only makes things worse, way worse. :|

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:17 pm 
Gnasher

Hades wrote:
(I also threw camembert, maybe that would have upset some Jews if they happened to be passing by and were carrying some meat at the same time, but yeah...)

lol, madman.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm 
Alto Trek

I just happened to have that in the fridge man.
Back then, people didn't have to worry about whatever religion someone had...
Those were the careless times, tbh... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:46 pm 
BAD

totalcult wrote:
Southpaw wrote:

I couldn't care less what you think. You call me an intolerant islamaphobic bell end yet you say nothing about them calling me a cunt and kuffar prior to me doing anythingand revving their engines outside my flat at 3am? . I didnt do anything before provoked so couldnt care less what you say. :D

Besides, it's all sorted out now and aplogies have been exchanged

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:45 am 
BAD

Hades wrote:
totalcult wrote:
Southpaw wrote:

I do hope you're kind of kidding.
I think you are, but I'm still not sure. :)

Here's the thing though : unlike the color of your skin or your sexual nature, you can (and should !!) choose what you believe in. I realize that many times, the country you were born in decides which god you "must" worship, or whatever the way it is that the almighty man (who no doubt knows everything about god, if he even exists) choses he must be worshipped by. But yeah, it's a choice, nothing but that.
(consider that idea though : no matter what religion, it's basically always man who decides what rules we should follow, and there is no evidence whatsoever that this come from any god, because there's not even proof that god exists, nor is there proof that he doesn't exist (why is it even a he automatically ? we never say "she", nor do we say "it") )

I agree we should respect people's choice, and I agree throwing bacon wasn't exactly the best move,

I agree, that's why I have since said sorry for my part in the incident. I reacted to some verbal comments and it was an exchange that didn't pan into anything more than that. I personally think there's more chance of us living in a computer simulation than there being some sort of omnipresent being but then I guess that must equal a 'designer' of sorts and if there is such a thing as a god, man has long since destroyed what 'he' initially stood for and any 'message' has long since gone and would have been twisted and changed for various reasons like control, money and power.

Most of the stories of Jesus of Nazereth being born of a virgin mother on Dec 25th, died on the cross, ressurection etc are mirrored in other stories. Mithra of Persia, Horace, Attis of Phrygia, Dionysus of Greece, and many more but they are all about star constellations and astrological movements. Whether these individuals existed as people I don't know but it's impossible that they all shared the exact same life story. And biologically, it's impossible to be born of a virgin mother, as it's impossible to walk on water, to part a sea or to fly to heaved on a winged horse amongst other things.

And not so much what part of the world you are born but when as well. If I was born a Viking, back then I'd be believing in Thor, Odin, Balder and various others as well as godessess. I guess if you trace it all back to modern day Iraq, ancient Sumerian creation stories by some interpretations ( esp those of Sitchin ) suggest some of the Bible is actually plagiarized from their accounts then modified, added to etc etc. It was Sitchin's interpretations of Sumerian tablets that actually goes off planet and suggests man was actually genetically engineered or at least 'upgraded'.

Still, none of that has any bearing on whether there's a god or not or some sort of designer. Eventually you get down to the first cause argument but then why wait 14 billion years to create man? I just can't follow religion, I'd feel I was following a pile of rubbish made up by man. I think there's much more interesting things surrounding the nature of consciousness than religion, the observer effect is interesting as is the notion of the mind being a receiver of consciousness instead of something that generates it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:47 am 
Alto Trek

After wasting 5 years of my life studying theology the only thing I could conclude is that it's pointless discussing any form of religion. We should better discuss ethics, at least that can be considered more universal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 am 
BAD

Nothing is wasted if you gained some knowledge from it, by that definition, everything you do, or could ever do is a waste of time in some nihilistic way. But when you start looking for truth there is too much corruption and disinformation hanging on every lead - which leads you to question everything. A lot of people are just interested in the questions about 'why are we here, where did we come from' more than seeking any specific dogmatic belief system to adhere to.