Brainworx Console

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
The_G
Artificial Hazard
Brainworx Console

Post by The_G »

Brutally expensive, but they do have a lot of sales. Anyone have experience with this one? I tend to like all my brainworx plugins.

ekwipt
Smore
Re: Brainworx Console

Post by ekwipt »

no but waiting for a sale, i only have Satson, which is cool but it would be great to add these to every channel and see what it could do, i might download the demo at some stage

victer
Pig

Post by victer »

I'm curious about console emulation as well, this one seems to have more features than satson and they are roughly the same price. But for a noob like me maybe less features is better.
facebook.com/bepulsed

Opnå
non reader

Post by Opnå »

victer wrote:I'm curious about console emulation as well, this one seems to have more features than satson and they are roughly the same price. But for a noob like me maybe less features is better.
From what I read it looks like:

Satson is $39

Brainworx console is $299

Sonimus do a total bundle including the satson for for $260.

victer
Pig

Post by victer »

Ah well that's a big difference, thanks for pointing it out :D
I really need to pay more attention when scrolling haha
facebook.com/bepulsed

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Opnå wrote:
victer wrote:I'm curious about console emulation as well, this one seems to have more features than satson and they are roughly the same price. But for a noob like me maybe less features is better.
From what I read it looks like:

Satson is $39

Brainworx console is $299

Sonimus do a total bundle including the satson for for $260.
True, but PA do sales all the time. Stuff is usually discounted anywhere from 25% to 75% off (and I have a $25 voucher as well). So if they do it half off, then the cost for me would be $125. Still pricey, but at least closer!

And bx_console has an EQ and compressor built in, so there are more features. HOWEVA. I'm probably getting Satson instead.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

It just seems like overkill unless you really want the workflow of a full virtual Neve console. Too many features.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah these full console plugs lock you in to their eq and comp. I much prefer the signal path emulation of sonimus and then pick and choose my eq and compression as appropriate.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

buonacc
sad bastard

Post by buonacc »

bx_console was just on sale last month (the weekend of May 19th) for $129. with voucher and bundle discounts it was far less than that.

i had been interested in bx_console for a while, but held off demo'ing it due to the cost just in case i really liked it. when i heard about the sale coming up, i tried it out and was quite impressed. i've been using Sonimus Britson for at least a few years, just adding EQ when i needed (generally Sonimus Burnley 73). i don't use too much compression usually and didn't think i'd have any need for the one on bx_console. turns out that i love the EQ on bx_console, and have found the Compressor to be very useful. even the Gate comes in handy some of the time for me, and i've found some creative uses for it that i wouldn't have if it had not been there to experiment with when i was testing it out.

at times it does seem like overkill for some uses, and i'm not too thrilled with how damn BIG the gui is. takes up most of the screen here, they really could condense it a bit. overall i'm quite happy with it, especially at the price that i got it for.