All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Satson/Britson
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:55 am 
Rolf Harris

Lost to the Void wrote:
The_G wrote:
Okay...

I've got Satson channel on every channel and all the VU meters are just at 0. I put Satson Buss on my busses and did nothing with them, but turned crosstalk off. I put Satson Buss on my master channel, and turned crosstalk on (and set to vintage). Some questions:

*I haven't messed with any groups, because frankly I don't have any idea what the hell that does!
*The VU meter on the master is peaking beyond 0 VU, but I'm not sure how to fix that...through the individual Satson channels?
*When you say turn on the loudness setting, do you mean the fat switch on the front or the "loud process" option on the back panel?

Loud process, it works nicely on the master.
I don't use the group's but it can be handy to control all plugs from one ie gain or fat or whatever. I've never found the need for it.
The reason I turn off crosstalk on all but the master buss is I think it overdoes the effect and can lead to overly dense mixes.

Thanks man. In my year of posting on here, I've learned just to do whatever you do, as it always works. So I'm going to follow this exactly. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:11 pm 
Interchangeable

Ok, so when your vu on the master is peaking over odb, just grab all your channel faders and pull them down.
Unless you want to push the bus a little, which can work nicely with the loud process on.
Working this way, keeping an eye on your master bus plug level, you will find you work at a more consistent monitoring level over time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:19 pm 
Interact. Don't Spam.

Hi All. Thought I'd revive this thread as I have a Satson question.

The instructions say to insert Satson channel on all tracks as a "first insert", which I take to mean the first audio effect in the chain (i.e. directly after the sound source and before any other effects).

If that understanding is correct, does that also mean that I should add Satson channel as the first effect in the chain within an ableton instrument rack? I'm 90% sure this would be the case, but I wanted to double check in case the grouping of effects into a rack somehow alters things, meaning Satson should instead be inserted afterwards.

Hope someone can get me from 90% sure to 100% sure!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:29 pm 
Chernobyl

Yeah so it would go instrument first then Satson Effect then anything else after that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:28 pm 
Interact. Don't Spam.

ekwipt wrote:
Yeah so it would go instrument first then Satson Effect then anything else after that

Thanks so much for confirming :-)