A subsekt remix competition?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: A subsekt remix competition?

Post by Hades »

totalcult wrote: In that case, I'd go for "Song For Patroclus (Extended Mix)" - does that work for you/everyone else?
beware though : that one is a very old mix, and it has quite a few small mixing problems here and there.
However, I could just put both the extended mix and final mix up for download.
Some people still tell me they like the extended mix better, and it probably has more rough elements to work with.
So yeah, why not just give you guys both mixes ?
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

totalcult
BAD

Post by totalcult »

Hades wrote:
totalcult wrote: In that case, I'd go for "Song For Patroclus (Extended Mix)" - does that work for you/everyone else?
beware though : that one is a very old mix, and it has quite a few small mixing problems here and there.
Some people still tell me they like the extended mix better, and it probably has more rough elements to work with.
That would be amazing. :!: But really, do whatever you feel is best - you're the one sharing your work in this generous fashion, it's your call really.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

totalcult wrote:
Hades wrote:
That would be amazing. :!: But really, do whatever you feel is best - you're the one sharing your work in this generous fashion, it's your call really.
I don't care about sharing both versions.
If I want to share the first, I might as well share the 2nd.
It's the same track, so I think it's best to share both versions.

1st one was just done at a point where I didn't quite know how to make better mixes.
2nd one was the mix I worked on the most, ever (approx. 100 hours in total).

I don't think sharing the stems of the master version (of the final mix) would be any good though,
not for the challenge part, you know...

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

I would love working on song for patroclus, can't tell how much times I listened to it, I have a preference for the final mix though

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

thx man.
like I said : if enough people decide to pick that one,
I'll put both mixes up for download, no prob...

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

Song for Patroclus is my favorite as well so that would be awesome. What I propose is that since we are not making a competition out of this, both Mattias and Hades put up the track so we can have a crack at both :). As soon as someone is done he/she can post it up here and we can give some feedback/praise.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ok, I'll look at both mixes/projects tomorrow and will try to make them into live packs.
I'll also try and just get the stems for all those poor cunts who don't use Live. :mrgreen:

Anyone got any idea of a site to upload the files to ?
I could use the site I used for my live pack for subsekt a few months ago,
but tbh, about 40% of the folks who tried downloading it said it didn't work,
so I ended upending the live pack to them via wetransfer.

totalcult
BAD

Post by totalcult »

Hades wrote:I'll also try and just get the stems for all those poor cunts who don't use Live. :mrgreen:
That would be super cool of you. *hangs head in shame, tries in vain get the stink of Cubase off clothes*

totalcult
BAD

Post by totalcult »

Regarding uploads: WeTransfer works pretty well. Files up to 2GB on the free service - not sure how big the pack will be. It will delete the file after 14 days, which may suit your purposes.

If 2GB is not enough space, I've got a bunch of free space on my Dropbox, I could host it for a couple of weeks if no better option comes along.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Hades wrote:
right now we're kind of coming across as a bunch of women in front of the shoe store :
"hmmm, maybe this, maybe that, urrmm.... I could use 3 new pairs of high heels, right ? and another pair of sandals ?
sandals always go well with skirts in summer... but maybe ???"
Please do your best to to perpetuate gender stereotypes darling and yes, I know you had lots of wimminz in your life when you did you growing up :) xx

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

StacieAnne wrote:
Hades wrote:
right now we're kind of coming across as a bunch of women in front of the shoe store :
"hmmm, maybe this, maybe that, urrmm.... I could use 3 new pairs of high heels, right ? and another pair of sandals ?
Please do your best to to perpetuate gender stereotypes darling and yes, I know you had lots of wimminz in your life when you did you growing up :) xx
god, the one moment you think she's not watching...
my humble apologies Stace,

on a side note : not just when I grew up (do men ever grow up btw ? I think they just get older) Stace,
still seems to be my burden/destiny/whatever you want to call it nowadays.

but please, this is just simple humor, and the best humor is very often based on stereotypes, no matter what form.
(my mrs for example never even wears high heels, but that wouldn't keep me from making the joke)
If I have to stay politically correct when making a joke, I'll be even more terribly boring.

Stereotypes are just fun to laugh with.
We have a laugh with Mills for playing his 909 all the time.
Of course we know Mills is a LOT more than just that, but hey, this is the part that is funny, so we make fun of it.
Even mr boink Parker is (probably) more than his boink sound, but this is the part that is funny, so yeah...

It's just a simple joke, my lady ! ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

totalcult wrote:
Hades wrote:I'll also try and just get the stems for all those poor cunts who don't use Live. :mrgreen:
That would be super cool of you. *hangs head in shame, tries in vain get the stink of Cubase off clothes*
the good news is that a few months ago I had to send over the stems to Mattias for the master (only track I ever got mastered btw), so they're still ready to go on my HD.

no shame in using something else than Live man, whatever works for you.
Mattias is a cubase user for example.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I know right, most of the time I only say it for effect ;)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Hades wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:
Hades wrote:
god, the one moment you think she's not watching...
my humble apologies Stace,

on a side note : not just when I grew up (do men ever grow up btw ? I think they just get older) Stace,
still seems to be my burden/destiny/whatever you want to call it nowadays.

but please, this is just simple humor, and the best humor is very often based on stereotypes, no matter what form.
(my mrs for example never even wears high heels, but that wouldn't keep me from making the joke)
If I have to stay politically correct when making a joke, I'll be even more terribly boring.

Stereotypes are just fun to laugh with.
We have a laugh with Mills for playing his 909 all the time.
Of course we know Mills is a LOT more than just that, but hey, this is the part that is funny, so we make fun of it.
Even mr boink Parker is (probably) more than his boink sound, but this is the part that is funny, so yeah...

It's just a simple joke, my lady ! ;)
If I had a dollar every-time someone called me racist, I'd have so much cash that black people would wanna rob me.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

TimBuys wrote:Song for Patroclus is my favorite as well so that would be awesome. What I propose is that since we are not making a competition out of this, both Mattias and Hades put up the track so we can have a crack at both :). As soon as someone is done he/she can post it up here and we can give some feedback/praise.
I took some time to fix the parts for The Science Beyond, most likely online today.
There's some good things to know about it all but I'll post all valuable info regarding that later.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

totalcult wrote:Regarding uploads: WeTransfer works pretty well. Files up to 2GB on the free service - not sure how big the pack will be. It will delete the file after 14 days, which may suit your purposes.

If 2GB is not enough space, I've got a bunch of free space on my Dropbox, I could host it for a couple of weeks if no better option comes along.

Maybe it's just more fair for everyone if I just provide the stems of both projects instead of a Live pack as well ?
(it would also save me quite some time, but that's something else all together, and I don't really mind investing the time if people indeed prefer the Live pack)

Wetransfer could work fine for me.
I don't mind sending it to whoever wants to send me their email (best via PM).
Otherwise I can send it to you for your dropbox.
Both are fine for me.

I will admit that I like the idea that it won't be available forever though.
I mean, no offense to all them spectators, I didn't even mind sharing my earlier Live pack with them,
but I do prefer to hand out my track to people who are actually contributing,
and this way of "distributing" the files kind of makes the risk smaller that people just want the parts for own abuse and never plan to make a remix at all.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote:
If I had a dollar every-time someone called me racist, I'd have so much cash that black people would wanna rob me.
:lol: :lol:

I have barely ever seen anybody make more fun of stereotypes (especially race shit) than Dave Chapelle :

I laughed my ass off with this one, not the whole clip, but just the joke at around 0:42...

youtu.be/-UtbJ_u0IlY

or this one :

youtu.be/Epw0J45X-FI

or, of course :

youtu.be/XFJAAMS8U5Y

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

StacieAnne wrote:I know right, most of the time I only say it for effect ;)
now you got me totally confused.

are you :

1. playing games with my simple mind ?
2. totally trying to bring my mental (in)stability out of balance ?
3. begging for an extra pair of high heels ?
4. trying to get my attention ?
5. trying to make me feel guilty ?
6. trying to accuse me of not liking women who like high heels ?
7. trying to make me believe I know nothing about women ?
8. trying to fool me into thinking that you, obviously as the only specimen of the female species on this planet,
never have a single moment of doubt in your entire life ?
9. trying to find out if I can play the piano ?
10. trying to find out how big my music collection is ?

all this is extremely confusing...
I suspect it's all of the above. 8-)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mattias wrote: I took some time to fix the parts for The Science Beyond, most likely online today.
There's some good things to know about it all but I'll post all valuable info regarding that later.
what are you using to put it online ?
if you tell me, I can use the same method to upload my Patroclus stems.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Cool, let's get this thing rolling then. Maybe if we get 2 tracks in, we could have the option of also having a mashup category :P
how far do you want to go