Behringer to clone OB-Xa as well

Post by The_G »

This one I might be interested in...

https://ask.audio/articles/behringer-wo ... ynth-clone

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr
Re: Behringer to clone OB-Xa as well

Post by P0607r0n »

They're fucking boring, behringers guys...
Bringing another substractive synth for the masses.
Gonna be picked up by lots of boring producers that will do hours of crappy tunes, and force me to listen to them through commercials on soundclouds and beatports that they'll buy with cash they "saved" on getting Uli's shmasterpieces.

Nothing personal though, ghee it's just overall direction.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah that's right because no interesting music has ever been made with subtractive synths ever.
What we need is more tedious hipsters building their own eurocrack racks with not 1 iota of know how on building an effective instrument and then releasing endless tons of bleepy car alarm bullshit disguised behind distortion to make it "edgy and industrial".
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

Count me interested if they manage to get the creamy sound right for a reasonable price tag!

PatrickHughes
Exampleless

Post by PatrickHughes »

I think it's awesome Berhinger is making these reproductions lately. The fact is all of these old synths are discontinued and thousands of dollars now if you can even find them for sale in good shape at all. As someone who wasn't even alive in the 80's I'm glad I can get a chance to own something close to the original at a reasonable price.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I don't care about most of these reissues but i'm glad they're doing it so this stuff becomes accessible again. Otherwise, with vintage prices perpetually rising, eventually the only people with access to vintage hardware will be trust fund kids and old farts doing Tangerine Dream synth noodling.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

PatrickHughes wrote:I think it's awesome Berhinger is making these reproductions lately. The fact is all of these old synths are discontinued and thousands of dollars now if you can even find them for sale in good shape at all. As someone who wasn't even alive in the 80's I'm glad I can get a chance to own something close to the original at a reasonable price.
This.
Of course I want new stuff too (which they did with deepmind) but getting some of these old synths required a mortgage.
New Shit

delphine
Suspect Handshake

Post by delphine »

P0607r0n wrote:They're fucking boring, behringers guys...
Gonna be picked up by lots of boring producers that will do hours of crappy tunes, and force me to listen to them through commercials on soundclouds and beatports that they'll buy with cash they "saved" on getting Uli's shmasterpieces.

oh baby, bless your heart child.

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

dubdub wrote:I don't care about most of these reissues but i'm glad they're doing it so this stuff becomes accessible again. Otherwise, with vintage prices perpetually rising, eventually the only people with access to vintage hardware will be trust fund kids and old farts doing Tangerine Dream synth noodling.
Yeah I agree on that. Well I don't think I'm in their target group. DM12 is the one that got me "woah" though. It's nice they're doing clones of horrendously expensive gear, but I don't find it exciting. There will be hipsters doing distorted fart noises on OB-xa clones for sure. :D

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

delphine wrote:
P0607r0n wrote:They're fucking boring, behringers guys...

oh baby, bless your heart child.
Oh nice, just read my reply. :lol:
Could you please make us answer some math equations before letting to log in? In order to prevent intoxicated humans from doing interents...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

New Shit

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »