On a piracy exit program

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Amøbe
Moderate
On a piracy exit program

Post by Amøbe »

So erm... I purchased my version of ableton from a pretty queer fella with a wooden leg, and I've felt guilty about it every time I opened up the contraband (and it also had some cracks in it)...

Now I'm financially in a position where I have to take moral high road, but I just wonder if there's anything I should keep in mind when I install a licensed version?

Should I abandon all my old projects or are there no problems with those little bastardized tracks?

TimBuys
happy bastard
Re: On a piracy exit program

Post by TimBuys »

What a rascal you are. I doubt you would have any problems, I think Ableton only has a problem when it has to open up a project that was made in a newer version.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Thank you :D I'll be off spending money then!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can open old projects from cracked stuff. Essentially you have done what ableton want. Decided to buy it.
In the long run its better, updates, betas etc
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Started with crack purchased after a few months. No problems with my projects and it feels so much better to use/own. Havent cracked anything ever since.

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

Alume wrote:Started with crack purchased after a few months. No problems with my projects and it feels so much better to use/own. Havent cracked anything ever since.
that´s an awesome story with lot´s of twists and turns down the line. Made me choke up a little near the end. Well done.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Thanks mate, I never considered myself a real good storyteller though. I always seem to get distracted from what i was trying to say in the first place.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Haha.. Aye, I'm hoping there will be a movie. Who will play Alume? :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Will Frances
Gnasher

Post by Will Frances »

TimBuys wrote:
Alume wrote:Started with crack purchased after a few months. No problems with my projects and it feels so much better to use/own. Havent cracked anything ever since.
that´s an awesome story with lot´s of twists and turns down the line. Made me choke up a little near the end. Well done.

ha hah ha.

Will Frances
Gnasher

Post by Will Frances »

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

Southpaw
quasi-public

Post by Southpaw »

I'm sure you're not the first or the last. 'Evaluation copies' often lead people to buy their chosed software after a period anyway, I can attest to that. The queer fella with the wooden leg making money from illegal software needs a moral compass check to be fair. He even looks like a pirate, how bizarre!

Don't delete old stuff no, why?
Deep House & Dub Techno Samples https://www.abitdeeper.com/

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Southpaw wrote:I'm sure you're not the first or the last. 'Evaluation copies' often lead people to buy their chosed software after a period anyway, I can attest to that. The queer fella with the wooden leg making money from illegal software needs a moral compass check to be fair. He even looks like a pirate, how bizarre!

Don't delete old stuff no, why?
I was just curious if some of the bugginess from the cracked version somehow could translate, when I opened it up in a licensed version :)

1nfinitezer0
Tiesto

Post by 1nfinitezer0 »

There were some cracks around of 7 or 8 that would crash horribly and corrupt files while doing it. Happened to a friend of mine. Upgrading at that point didn't save the things, but I haven't heard stories like that for a long time.

Get the student discount if you can, saves a bunch. Sales seem to be less common now that it's so common.