What would you guys choose to go with octatrack + minibrute?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: What would you guys choose to go with octatrack + minibr

Post by Lost to the Void »

Amøbe wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Yeah the envelope speed was insane and caused clicking (common with analog though it was pronounced on the mlogue). But yeah it got sorted with a firmware update.
I waited and didn't buy one until problem was fixed.
Oh I didn't know that - I might save up for one then :)

(rookie question - if you don't own any synths digital or hardware - which I don't care for one way or another - would that be a good way to use your money? I've also been looking at the U-he soft synths)
Would buying a minilogue be a good use of money?

Yeah, it's very affordable.
I strongly believe it will be looked back in as a modern classic.

It has its own sound, very much rooted in the sound of the Korg Monopoly (which is why I bought it, once I found out you could mirror old Monopoly patches) but modern bells and whistles. You can take it in to some abrasive and metallic tones. You can get lovely thick, wet bass sounds. Dreamy pads. FX, the filter is quite sexy. Some nice modulation options.
Yeah, it's versatile but has character, and is very manageable. You won't get overwhelmed and distracted, it's intuitive. Of course it has its limitations.
Obviously only 4 note poly, but not a huge issue.
For the money it's silly not to get one. It's all over my new stuff, and I can't see me getting bored with it.
Not that I make dub techno very much, but it just has that lovely monopoly quality, make a nice chordal saw sine stab, close down that filter and delay the fucker and it's just lush, warm, squishy joy.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Amøbe wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Yeah the envelope speed was insane and caused clicking (common with analog though it was pronounced on the mlogue). But yeah it got sorted with a firmware update.
I waited and didn't buy one until problem was fixed.
Oh I didn't know that - I might save up for one then :)

(rookie question - if you don't own any synths digital or hardware - which I don't care for one way or another - would that be a good way to use your money? I've also been looking at the U-he soft synths)
Would buying a minilogue be a good use of money?

Yeah, it's very affordable.
I strongly believe it will be looked back in as a modern classic.

It has its own sound, very much rooted in the sound of the Korg Monopoly (which is why I bought it, once I found out you could mirror old Monopoly patches) but modern bells and whistles. You can take it in to some abrasive and metallic tones. You can get lovely thick, wet bass sounds. Dreamy pads. FX, the filter is quite sexy. Some nice modulation options.
Yeah, it's versatile but has character, and is very manageable. You won't get overwhelmed and distracted, it's intuitive. Of course it has its limitations.
Obviously only 4 note poly, but not a huge issue.
For the money it's silly not to get one. It's all over my new stuff, and I can't see me getting bored with it.
Not that I make dub techno very much, but it just has that lovely monopoly quality, make a nice chordal saw sine stab, close down that filter and delay the fucker and it's just lush, warm, squishy joy.
Off to the music store for me :) thx for the reply!

Macca
durchfall

Post by Macca »

Macca wrote:I also have the maschine sitting here. I was wondering if any of yous know how to map it so it can control a vst? I remember when I had an akai controller it was as easy as midi learn then click the parameters.
Ignore me, totally overlooked the octatracks midi cc/learn to control a vst or synth.Fuck me, opened up a whole new world for me. Octatrack is fucking dynomite btw for anyone on the fence for buying one.
Instagram: @stevenmcfarlanedesign

Macca
durchfall

Post by Macca »

Still can't make my mind up. I'm starting to lean towards the minilogue now. How's the Mopho x4 anyone had their hands on that?
Instagram: @stevenmcfarlanedesign