Metallic Growl Sound

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
MattAltmanMusic
Face Hugger
Metallic Growl Sound

Post by MattAltmanMusic »

Hey everyone! I just had a question about this kind of "growl" sound used in the track "Emphasis" by Flug. I know Tommy Four Seven uses it sometimes as well. Does anyone know how it is made or what it is? Thank you!

youtu.be/vhrQevErbHE

Comes in around 4:00.

mainst09
Traits
Re: Metallic Growl Sound

Post by mainst09 »

M8 read the rules, this is no charity work!!
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

arkos

Post by arkos »

Interact before asking question's is the usual policy here. But as to that sound I have no clue, can't say it's my cup of tea though.
Last edited by arkos on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

terly
arsehole

Post by terly »

Sounds like some sort of ring modulator sound to me. Not a big fan of that track though.

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

I used to make similar noises using massive's performer LFO's and Camel Phat.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

For fucks sake.. go easy on him lads. Rules my arse.. don't be rude. Be nice! :p :mrgreen:

Metallic growl? You could get something very similar with a fm synth like operator. Start with a sine or triangle & experiment adding a 2nd operator with different waveforms in.. sine, triangle, saw, square. Adjust the fine tune by a couple of cent & try hitting different keys on your keyboard. Sometimes it's nice to add a little bit of noise in at the end, to add some fizz.

That sound could be layered with another bass sound. Or maybe its supported by the bass.

You should be able to choose a different algorithm in operator, depending on how comfortable you are with it to beef up the fm'd operators with a cleaner tone.. but it would probably be better with a different synth / track below.

Fm can sound thin if you just have one operator/oscillator modulating another, pitched high. Perfect for that kind of sound.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

overdriving the filter on the blofeld will get you there
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

I would go with FM way, it can get you there fairly easily. I would as well suggest to experiment with making more percussive FMed sound and play it with fast arpegiattor (possibly using chord/duophony), slam that through reverb, something, something, distortion, something, experiment, something, call it industrial techno, cash out, something, invite me as your support act in berghain, something.
#protips

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

Mslwte wrote:overdriving the filter on the blofeld will get you there
I miss my blofeld =\ MATT, LIKE IVE BEEN TELLING YOU, learn FM ffs. Also maybe mess around with some convulsion reverb, metallic impulses can give it a different feel / cool tone

MattAltmanMusic
Face Hugger

Post by MattAltmanMusic »

Thank you all for the input! Gonna see what I can do in operator.