Anyone here use Nektar controllers?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
The_G
Artificial Hazard
Anyone here use Nektar controllers?

Post by The_G »

I'm quite keen on the LX49+ and want to see what people think. Basically, it's a USB controller keyboard that automatically maps two sets of ADSR sliders, 8 pan pots, 8 drum pads and transport controls to all DAWS except Live (for reasons I don't quite understand) as well as most major synths (includes Diva, Legend, Alchemy...most of the ones I use most often).

So it would be a way to control things without using the mouse, which is something I'm looking for. Price is right too.

Unfortunately, it does not include a MIDI out, which would have been nice.

Anyone use these? If so, what are your thoughts? I've heard good things about the DAW and VST integration (esp for Logic, which I use), but some people complain about the velocity curves on the keys.

http://www.nektartech.com/impact-lx49-61-plus.html

arkos
Re: Anyone here use Nektar controllers?

Post by arkos »

I'm always skeptical when seeing stuff like automatic mapping, personally I've never seen that work well at all but who know's maybe this is the one :D

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I've heard from people who use the panorama controllers that it works really well, though my budget would be for the lx series not panorama.

arkos

Post by arkos »

Well by all means do it if you can, mousing around all the time is no fun and this is all about having fun isn't it ?

Don't worry about midi out, plenty of audio interfaces include that or you can always buy a dedicated midi interface later they usually aren't expensive.

I'm gonna go check out some info on that controller.

Edit; A comment I saw straight away from some user saying he has trouble getting all the buttons to work but he is using Fl Studio and who knows he might be a dumb fuck that can't do anything right :D

Gonna look at some more reviews.

2nd Edit: The first customer review on Amazon is a analog synth guy buying his first midi controller using Logic. Seem's to work for him without a hitch so just go for it man, it's dirt cheap when compared to others but don't expect it to be with you for years to come :D