headphones headphones headphones

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
rollah
beast
headphones headphones headphones

Post by rollah »

i have sennheiser hd25s for the last 5 years maybe and wanna get something proper. theyv gone a bit wonky now, need to be put to sleep anyways. i know you can spend stupid money on em, but will be spending max 300 eur

whats everyone rating for headphones?

wimmix
non reader
Re: headphones headphones headphones

Post by wimmix »

got krk kns-8400 for producing kost 150 euros.
good sound light on the head doesnt hurt my ears after few hours.
not for on the road for dj-ing not solid enough.

rollah
beast

Post by rollah »

c ool wimmix will check them man. added to the list. have you had em long?

gavisthename
leper

Post by gavisthename »

I use sennheiser HD650's. Excellent for clarity. The mixes I do on them tend to translate well on my monitors and on the car sub

wimmix
non reader

Post by wimmix »

yeah got the krk 9 months now.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I''ve got the HD25 MKII's and love them. Thats what you have already, though there was a previous version, wasnt there?

I like them cos if theres bass in them, there is bass. Was using a sh!tty pair of Sennheisers for a long time before I got these. Y'd be sat there @ 3am thinking y'd made something fkn class, then the next day it would just be such a heap of sh!t.

I'd like to get some of Gav's Senn's if/when I do decided to get another set. The price put me off the last time I was buying tbh.. But I'd say they're class. I also wanted to get something closed - so went with the HD25's. Thats something you need to take into consideration, cos of leakage from them.

Maybe Gav could tell us how noisy (if at all.. ) they are?

Dumb review on CNET by Steve Guttenberg (Police Academy Actor???? He's still got it. LOL) :)

Reviewed by: Steve Guttenberg

The good: Sennheiser's flagship headphones have high-tech styling, extraordinary bass response, and an extremely comfortable design.

The bad: They're heavy and very pricey, not to mention ill suited for use with the iPod (Balls. LOL)

The bottom line: The formidable Sennheiser HD 650 headphones are fit for a king--and have a price tag to prove it (Ouch)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

gavisthename
leper

Post by gavisthename »

Well to give an example - the missus was downstairs and complained about the noise coming from my headphones (both doors were open though) ... so its fair to say there is a substantial amount of leakage. That being said, they are not meant for recording, closed cans are the only way forward for recording. For that I use my beardynamics DT770 Pro's (if I ever get round to recording something)

saul
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by saul »

I've got the Behringer HPX4000's lol.

Does me just fine!

I wouldn't get sennheiser though to be honest. Had a previous pair that cost £90 or something, they were absolute shit compared to these £30 ones.

I'd go for the AKG ones.

Ant
Alf Garnett

Post by Ant »

I also have the HD 25 mkII which I use for DJing mainly, and I love them for this. I don't have dedicated production headphones so I do end up using them sometimes, but I don't think they are ideal.

I am going to get a pair of HD650 as well at some point, I tried them out in Digital Village and really liked them.

I also have some Sony MDR-V700, but I really don't like them.

rollah
beast

Post by rollah »

gavisthename wrote:Well to give an example - the missus was downstairs and complained about the noise coming from my headphones (both doors were open though) ... so its fair to say there is a substantial amount of leakage. That being said, they are not meant for recording, closed cans are the only way forward for recording. For that I use my beardynamics DT770 Pro's (if I ever get round to recording something)
hahaha. kill the missus. problem solved :lol: :lol:

rollah
beast

Post by rollah »

wimmix wrote:yeah got the krk 9 months now.
thanks man

rollah
beast

Post by rollah »

Ant wrote:I also have the HD 25 mkII which I use for DJing mainly, and I love them for this. I don't have dedicated production headphones so I do end up using them sometimes, but I don't think they are ideal.

I am going to get a pair of HD650 as well at some point, I tried them out in Digital Village and really liked them.

I also have some Sony MDR-V700, but I really don't like them.
yup the 25's cant be matched for the mixing. i had some sonys before, cant think of the models but i didnt like em either. all sub 100 quid cans. meh

rollah
beast

Post by rollah »

got to listen to some 650's and some others today. 650s were the winners by an ear

spillage aint a worry for me cos im tucked far away from civilisation, so looks like ill be gettin them when i spot a bargain online. thanks for all the posts lads, really helped me out

Vorlis
hunger marcher

Post by Vorlis »

Sup rollah, im also in the market for some new cans and found these reviews helpful, If your not fully committed on a set check some of these out….
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan10/a ... es.htm#Top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you've prob seen and read em already but it eventually helped me make my choice, DT880 Pros :-)

gavisthename
leper

Post by gavisthename »

rollah wrote:
gavisthename wrote:Well to give an example - the missus was downstairs and complained about the noise coming from my headphones (both doors were open though) ... so its fair to say there is a substantial amount of leakage. That being said, they are not meant for recording, closed cans are the only way forward for recording. For that I use my beardynamics DT770 Pro's (if I ever get round to recording something)
hahaha. kill the missus. problem solved :lol: :lol:

I would, but then I'm left with this whole disposal problem... Effort!

gurr13r
crud

Post by gurr13r »

Beyerdynamic dt880pro are really good, nice and comfortable to wear and they have a very true sound, they would be very similar to the hd600/650 I dont think the hd25 are very good for production, they are very bass heavy and misleading. well thats my two cents

NomadSpectrum
subsekt
subsekt

Post by NomadSpectrum »

Probably not the most fashionable of cans but I have Shure SHR440's - really comfy as I usually produce at night

TechnoRage
tense

Post by TechnoRage »

I started out with Sennheiser HD20 which gave me a feeling like my head was in a giant clam (not always a negative thing lol ). When using it hours after hours this isn't what you want. Also other people heard different things in my remixes than I did.

Now since about halve a year I have invested in the Pioneer HDJ-2000. The range is so much wider and more truthfully. Also it wears 10 times more comfortably because of the memory foam. I'm happy :D

Sennheiser HD20 - 20 euro
Pioneer HDJ-2000 - 249 euro

Declan
crud

Post by Declan »

Does anybody have some recommendations for headphones in the price range of 50-100 euros? Thanks

sam
Cold

Post by sam »

I've got some of these which are in that price range Declan:

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/sen ... 80-pro.php

They have a pretty flat response curve considering the price. It took me a long time to get used to the bass and if I don't use them constantly I have to reacclimatize myself to them. I find they get a bit harsh after a while but when I'm really getting into something I don't notice so much.