The horror! Ah the horror!

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
helloitsmeagain
athlete
The horror! Ah the horror!

Post by helloitsmeagain »

I just saved a new version of a track i was almost finished the arrangement on and then deleted the original... without saving my samples in the new project folder!

So now i have a pretty arrangement and no sounds. I'm such a plank! :cry:

Make me feel better by sharing your horror stories...
Because of ACiD, i now know that butter is way better than margarine. I saw through the bullshit. - Mitch Hedberg

endfindead
Poo Fingers
Re: The horror! Ah the horror!

Post by endfindead »

I wrote probably the best thing I've ever done while tripping balls. Saved it to a floppy. (yeah, it was yeeeears ago!) It didn't make it, and then the laptop died and the owner sent it to be fixed... Nothing like a fresh install, I suppose! I've lost tons of shit over the years, I make up for it by making stuff really quickly... and I use automatic cloud backup these days, Gobbler is wicked!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Ooh.. I dont know man.. Ermm..Errr..

Worst thing was when I was using Logic & the project would get corrupted. That doesnt seem to happen with any other program that I've used - apart from Fruity Loops lol

You would delete a track. Hit Stop. And still.. the track would be playing. Open the project again.. Hit play.. and the deleted sound would play as if it was there. So, I'd have to open a new project & import each channel back in.

Cant think of anything else. W'happened to you is really annoying. Something similar used to happen to me when I used reason.. if you'd save the project.. but not tick the boxes for the samples to be self contained. Open something up later & everything would be "searching for"..

+1 for back up. Dropbox is my Ableton folder.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

bram2000
reverse genius

Post by bram2000 »

I've started using a program called "Arc" for MacOS - it monitors a chosen (set of) folder(s) and backs up to Amazon S3, absolutely love it so far.

In my experience nobody backs up until they've been stung. :|

Roebin de Freitas
Mingler

Post by Roebin de Freitas »

Freezing Fruity Loops does bring back memories!

endfindead
Poo Fingers

Post by endfindead »

Yeah, corrupt FL files will haunt me forever! Arc looks useful, though I don't have an Amazon account... yet...