Native Soundtoys alternative (osx)

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Esh
unsure
Native Soundtoys alternative (osx)

Post by Esh »

Hello people,

So native soundtoys is in fact a pretty good package but it is really fucking expensive.

Anybody know of good alternatives for the native soundtoys bundle? Can be a package, or individual elements. I am pretty open.

Cheers

Koichi
Wastedddd
Re: Native Soundtoys alternative (osx)

Post by Koichi »

These guys - they have a beautiful and fantastic website too! :D

http://www.crysonic.com/

No just kidding.

These are pretty cool but not sure if what you're looking for - the comb plugin is immense!!
http://store.inagrm.com/en/grm-tools-3/ ... assic.html

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

The question is: would you really need all plugins that come with the bundle? If not, which ones are your main focus?

I strongly recommend anyway:

Cytomic The Drop - best filter plugin i know. Period. Also a great sounding distortion, from warming up drums to cranking shit up.

U-he Satin - tape warmth, mixing duties, one heck of a delay. #1 on my wish list (meeeeeeeh).

Phaser-wise: Ohmforce Mobilohm or AudioThing Phase Motion.

Or Reaktor and those Boscomac ensembles: http://boscomac.free.fr/ ?

Other than that there are still the usual free suspects by Vladg, Variety of Sound, TDR, Audio Damage etcpp.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

Koichi wrote:These guys - they have a beautiful and fantastic website too! :D

No just kidding.
Wow... Look at that... :shock:

I don't know if I'm supposed to get a seizure or not.

Esh
unsure

Post by Esh »

rktic wrote:The question is: would you really need all plugins that come with the bundle? If not, which ones are your main focus?

I strongly recommend anyway:

Cytomic The Drop - best filter plugin i know. Period. Also a great sounding distortion, from warming up drums to cranking shit up.

U-he Satin - tape warmth, mixing duties, one heck of a delay. #1 on my wish list (meeeeeeeh).

Phaser-wise: Ohmforce Mobilohm or AudioThing Phase Motion.

Or Reaktor and those Boscomac ensembles: http://boscomac.free.fr/ ?

Other than that there are still the usual free suspects by Vladg, Variety of Sound, TDR, Audio Damage etcpp.
To be honest the main ones I tend to use Devastator, Panman and Echoboy the most.

Ive recently substitued Echoboy for the Fab-filter Timeless, and A combination of D16 plugins for colour instead of Decapatitor. Although i find the D16 less subtle than decaptitor.

So basically a decent panning tool and a smooth and warm distortion unit, im still looking for. Its a shame this shit is so expensive mind, as even though they are replacable, i find the soundtoys stuff quite nice to use.

arkos

Post by arkos »

Panshaper from Cableguys is f***ing ace. It's little brother Pancake is also really handy and free.

http://www.cableguys.com/products.html

Just wait for a sale from Soundtoys, I traded in some "little" plugins and a freebie like 2 months ago and got the bundle for 200$.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Soundtoys bundle looks nice, but as you say, it's expensive. How are the plugins? I've never used any of them.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

rktic wrote:Cytomic The Drop - best filter plugin i know. Period. Also a great sounding distortion, from warming up drums to cranking shit up.

Used in every session i do. The Drop is the tits. Love it....
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

arkos wrote:
Just wait for a sale from Soundtoys, I traded in some "little" plugins and a freebie like 2 months ago and got the bundle for 200$.
Curious…what do you use it for, and how many of the plugins do you use? I'm in the market for some new effects/processing plugins but need to be very judicious with how I spend my money.

Right now I'm very close to picking up Valhalla Shimmer, but I'm still looking around.

Of the sound toys plugins, I'm mostly interested in Echo Boy and Crystallizer.

arkos

Post by arkos »

The_G wrote:
arkos wrote:
Curious…what do you use it for, and how many of the plugins do you use? I'm in the market for some new effects/processing plugins but need to be very judicious with how I spend my money.

Right now I'm very close to picking up Valhalla Shimmer, but I'm still looking around.

If I'm being honest I don't really use them a lot, the price was just to good to pass up :D Decapitator, Echoboy, Radiator and Crystallizer are the ones that get the most use. I tend to use them more as mixing tools or subtle effects rather then sound mangling although they are perfectly capable of mangle sounds beyond recognition.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

arkos wrote:
The_G wrote:
arkos wrote:

If I'm being honest I don't really use them a lot, the price was just to good to pass up :D Decapitator, Echoboy, Radiator and Crystallizer are the ones that get the most use. I tend to use them more as mixing tools or subtle effects rather then sound mangling although they are perfectly capable of mangle sounds beyond recognition.
Cool, thanks. Yeah I'm eligible for the academic pricing, so that's $249 for the bundle--and right now that's my total budget for new plugins, so I'm trying to be very judicious about how I spend that money.

Do you know of any plugins made by others that essentially do what EchoBoy and Crystallizer do?

Dattington
Alf Garnett

Post by Dattington »

arkos wrote:
The_G wrote:
arkos wrote:
Cool, thanks. Yeah I'm eligible for the academic pricing, so that's $249 for the bundle--and right now that's my total budget for new plugins, so I'm trying to be very judicious about how I spend that money.

Do you know of any plugins made by others that essentially do what EchoBoy and Crystallizer do?
I can't recommend Soundtoys bundle enough. I paid about £200 in the recent sale and use their plug ins on everything Mainly Pan Man, Decapitator, Radiator, Devil-Loc (amazing as parallel effect on drum bus) and Echoboy. Crystaliser and primal tap can also give some insane sounds.

Echoboy, in my opinion, is sonically better than any other delay I've used and really does make everything sound good, from vocals to percussion hits.

I did use the filters a lot but have recently bought Cytomic The Drop which, as others have mentioned, is.. fucking amazing.
Last edited by Dattington on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previews and clips are in the playlist below:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

http://www.klanghelm.com/SDRR.php is about the best affordable saturation outside of Decapitator.
There are some great free saturators I linked on another thread, circuit modeled stuff really nice.

there is also this, it`s stunning, better than decap I would say, and $99 so cheaper also. Between this and SDRR you are gravy for saturation.

http://wavearts.com/products/plugins/ts2/
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

arkos

Post by arkos »

The_G wrote:
Well the Crystallizer is basically just a copy of a program from Eventide H3000 but Eventide are expensive as well, maybe you should check out Valhalla Ubermod? As for a delay that cover's as much ground as Echoboy I don't think there is one tbh. I use Native Instruments Replika quite a lot but it's no way near as flexible as Echoboy. Also if you are a Live user the delay's that come with it are pretty good, I use ping pong delay in every project.

If you got Reaktor get everything from Boscomac and especially check out Stellar it's some sort of delay/diffusion effect and it just sounds awesome.

Ohh and I second what Void said Klanghelm Sdrr and Wavearts Tube Saturator2 are great sounding plugins.

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

Hepta wrote:
Koichi wrote:These guys - they have a beautiful and fantastic website too! :D

No just kidding.
Wow... Look at that... :shock:

I don't know if I'm supposed to get a seizure or not.
u wot m808?