transitions when producing tracks

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
pleb
Chernobyl
transitions when producing tracks

Post by pleb »

me again :lol:

i aint been producin very long fellas so i want to see if theres any useful approachs you can give about makin transitions from one musical bit to the next in tracks

do you filter something up? or maybe just raise the volume up? and a bit of both haha. i dj so i know about makin smooth transitions an that or cutting somthing in, but when i do it in the track its abrupt that theres something brought in. its all shitty sounding at the mo if im honest :oops:

if that makes sense. very vague and nooby question i accept, but ive nobody else to ask boo hoo

Dirk L
Jan : )
Re: transitions when producing tracks

Post by Dirk L »

Its a bit hard for me too sometimes Mate. Automation is definitely the key on some elements. There will be times you wanna bang something in there sharpish and then other times where you want a more gradual introduction. Depends, doesnt it?

Are you using any effects on the stuff you are adding in? a bit of reverb helps to blend as well as making sure that you have EQd a bit of the unimportant stuff out. If you just wanna slap something in at the start of the bar, use reverb to smooth it and always watch out on your Freq's. You should also check your levels as you might not require it to be so loud.

endfindead
Poo Fingers

Post by endfindead »

Filters and level automation for sure, and delays & reverbs on sends... once you've broken it down, you won't need to bang everything back in at once... also, reversing some hits to swish back into the drop can be good. Just keep dicking round and use a reference track!

Quantize
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Quantize »

Hi Guys,

not sure if you are using Ableton Live and tbh even if you are not the principles in these vids will be helpful : http://www.quantizecourses.com/pages.php/?cat=3

Quite a few of them contain elements being worked around some kind of transition in a track but those definitely focusing in this area are :

Delay Edits
Creating a build with Reverb Freeze
Creating a reverb build using automation.

If you have any questions just shout :-)