Elektron ANALOG RYTM user topic

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Be without
Opposite
Re: Elektron RYTM user topic

Post by Be without »

Well I love my mk1 Rytm. Had it for 9 months and like everything about it. After 6 months of being ok at using it I decided to install overbridge software. I must say that this really helped me understand the rytm better. I now am back to using it without overbridge as seeing the structure of the rytm on the computer screen in overbridge helped me figure out how to use it so much to the point that I can get things done on it pretty quickly now without much head scratching. It’s a great bit of gear though and I feel fortunate I could afford to own one.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Cheers man.. that's good to know. Appreciate that!

I've been watching a lot of vids & the more I see, the more I like. This particular unit was up for sale the last 8 months, first @700€, then €600. I don't know why it wasn't snapped up already. The features far outclass the digitakt in certain ways.

There is an upgrade mentality possibly regarding the mk2's & the mk1's being inferior. I think people are blinded or waiting for boutiques & behringer clones. Hard to say, but the AR looks like a whole lotta drumsynth machine & much more for a no-brainer price!

Hope it's as good as I expect when I get it 🤔😆
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Be without
Opposite
Re: Elektron ANALOG RYTM user topic

Post by Be without »

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. I had a Digitakt for a while but sold it then got the Octatrack. Best bit of kit I’ve ever had.

The sequencer on the rytm is great, conditional trigs, sound locks etc You get a lot of options for your cash, drum synths, bass synth and nice distortion and compressor. And it’s fun to use.

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Críoch wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:29 pm
Cheers man.. that's good to know. Appreciate that!

I've been watching a lot of vids & the more I see, the more I like. This particular unit was up for sale the last 8 months, first @700€, then €600. I don't know why it wasn't snapped up already. The features far outclass the digitakt in certain ways.

There is an upgrade mentality possibly regarding the mk2's & the mk1's being inferior. I think people are blinded or waiting for boutiques & behringer clones. Hard to say, but the AR looks like a whole lotta drumsynth machine & much more for a no-brainer price!

Hope it's as good as I expect when I get it 🤔😆
For that money, it's well worth it. Yes - there's definitely a 'must have the latest' upgrade mentality with elektron users (not unlike lots of electronic goods consumers) but the dark mki did not become a crappy device overnight when the mini was released.

The dual VCO functionality which came in the recentish upgrade is really great. The sequencer is good if you get to grips with it - I never really did cos I mostly used a cirklon for sequencing all my stuff including the rytm.

The build quality seems fine. I've taken mine on holiday and stuff in a hand luggage wheely suitcase and it's been fine just with clothes wrapped around it - no proper case. The only big downside is the pads. They're not flimsy, but the velocity sensitivity is shit. They just aren't that good.

If you havent seen them already, find the Cuckoo videos on YouTube. They're (too) long but there's a wealth of good tips and tricks in them.

If you're not running Windows 10, bear in mind that you need it for the latest overbridge and sample management tools.

If you haven't registered already, it's worth getting an account on Elektronauts. There's lots of good info on there if you sift through the noise.

I hope you'll get a lot out of it. It's a steep learning curve, but very rewarding when you get the hang of it.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Picked it up yesterday. Very happy.

Was chatting to James last night.. having a look around it & just saying that I refused to read the manual lol. It's kinda the same in a way as the Machine Drum.. but different regarding the amount of various sections buttons & how they select different views blah, blah, blah..

I think you need to have a good poke around before you get geeking. Managed to get the trigs & stuff going.. so pretty happy.

Main thing i reckon will be the sound design aspect & spending some time making sounds. It's a rabbithole.

I made a couple of nice kicks & a dirty electro loop with conditional trigs.. chromatic toms..LFOs changing stuff and recorded knob twists. Could have listened to it for ages. The mute section is incredible.

My 10year old Son was enjoying loading kits & messing with mutes & the perf pads. So.. it's not too difficult lol

I like the pads. I was surprised by them as they were better than I expected. I think they are great switches & they are brilliant on the perf side of things. I was able to do some decent enough MPC style tapping on them also. Didn't see too much wrong with them tbh. I adjusted a velocity setting I think & they seemed a lot more responsive. I was just messing about& not too focused, so it's something that I need to check out again.

I think there is an issue with the screens on these. Apart from the fact its small & bright, there's a bit of colour bleed / burn / screen stigmata. It's nothing major.. not enough for me to have not bought it, but it will be something that I'll replace later. There is a new LCD screen available for 50€ on eBay/reverb. The same company . Lux.. are possibly doing a larger version towards the end of Sept 19, that uses the whole area of that screen section. I would definitely be interested in this.

Cheers for the Elektronauts tip. It's a great site.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Meatwad
Onions

Post by Meatwad »

Hey Crioch, I've just gotten used to my octatrack MK1 after about 2 - 3 months of casual use. Have been looking at adding the Rytm to my setup so am pretty keen to here your thoughts after a month of ownership/use.

What are your intended use cases for it?

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Hey man.. yeah, hoping itll be a jack of all trades. Do a bit of sequencer stuff with it on external gear.

Load my old Acidlab Miami samples in it.. Maybe some Goldbaby 909 samples too 🤭🤫

Use it for sound design.. Mega kicks. Hopefully.

Use it for more Electro.. rather than techno stuffs. I hope it's gonna be a bit of a Korg Electribe ER1 on steroids.

In other words.. the usual.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I think the pads arent too bad tbh..

I haven't read the manual yet.. but if you increase the Vol using encoder H in the Amp section to 127, the pads seem to have a greater range.

Maybe that's what you are supposed to do? It's around 100 by default.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Críoch wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Hey man.. yeah, hoping itll be a jack of all trades. Do a bit of sequencer stuff with it on external gear.

Load my old Acidlab Miami samples in it.. Maybe some Goldbaby 909 samples too 🤭🤫

Use it for sound design.. Mega kicks. Hopefully.

Use it for more Electro.. rather than techno stuffs. I hope it's gonna be a bit of a Korg Electribe ER1 on steroids.

In other words.. the usual.
You can't sequence external gear with Rytm.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Serious? Lol

B-But.. but.. but.. :lol:

Just sending clock is fine. Everything else has s seq built in. No problems at all. Big shame with the conditional triggers.. but c'est la vie :mrgreen:

Makes sense actually regarding the voices & the choking limitations.. would be a lot to sacrifice for midi out.

Glad I went to bed before you posted that. I had enough problems going to sleep as It was :D . Cheers for the info P!

ekkor
Chernobyl

Post by ekkor »

Hi!
Anyone here use Rytm MK1 individual outs?
I have a small issue with this. I have elektron original split cables and so on. But sometimes I hear a bit of second channel also. Especially hihats and other high frequency elements. For example If I have LT/SD splitted then I can hear slightly LT on SD'd channel. Elektron says that it's not a problem if it's very slightly. What do you think, any experience with this?

Macca
durchfall

Post by Macca »

ekkor wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:25 pm
Hi!
I have a small issue with this. I have elektron original split cables and so on. But sometimes I hear a bit of second channel also. Especially hihats and other high frequency elements. For example If I have LT/SD splitted then I can hear slightly LT on SD'd channel. Elektron says that it's not a problem if it's very slightly. What do you think, any experience with this?
Hey Ekkor,

Just loaded mine up to have a look. I can hear my hihats on a few of my other channels, but I can only hear them when everything is turned up ridicoulsly loud. Ive actually never noticed this until you pointed it out. I dont think it would be a problem to be honest because ones the original sounds plays it will nearly totally mask it, but maybe someone with a better technical knowledge could answer that better.
Instagram: @stevenmcfarlanedesign

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Let it bleed...

Or save a pattern without the offending bleeding instrument.

ekkor
Chernobyl

Post by ekkor »

Thanks, ok seems that it's normal then and I don't have faulty unit 8-)
Macca wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:34 pm
ekkor wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:25 pm
Hi!
Hey Ekkor,

Just loaded mine up to have a look. I can hear my hihats on a few of my other channels, but I can only hear them when everything is turned up ridicoulsly loud. Ive actually never noticed this until you pointed it out. I dont think it would be a problem to be honest because ones the original sounds plays it will nearly totally mask it, but maybe someone with a better technical knowledge could answer that better.

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

[ Wild RYTM topics appear]

ekkor
Chernobyl

Post by ekkor »

Now Rytm (and also A4) can sequence midi! Both mk1 and mk2 models.
And other very nice updates - scale per track, randomization etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYxUiFA ... e=youtu.be

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

OMG 🎃🎃🎃🎃

BEST UPDATE EVER!!!!!!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Man.. all those unsold A4s have been given a serious lifeline!!

Seen so many for sale. Nobody wants them.

ekkor
Chernobyl

Post by ekkor »

You're right. I'm very happy I kept mine (rytm & a4 mk1).
Críoch wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:26 pm
Man.. all those unsold A4s have been given a serious lifeline!!

Seen so many for sale. Nobody wants them.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Just proves Elektrons scummy sales tactics. That proves it was possible all the time and they intentionally left it out so people buy all their boxes Pokémon style.

Fuck 'em.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths