Elektron ANALOG RYTM user topic

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
AlexSting
non reader
Elektron ANALOG RYTM user topic

Post by AlexSting »

Are there enough people in here who own an AR to run a topic about production techniques, tips and tricks for this amazing machine?
I'm sure this could be the right place to exchange pro ideas and to answer some deeper questions as the RYTM is so damn complex sometimes...

How do you perform the transition from one pattern or kit to the next while being on stage?

UN!T B
pregnant
Re: Elektron RYTM user topic

Post by UN!T B »

As far as I know I am the only one here with one....
Hades wrote: stop being such a total dick, honestly.

AlexSting
non reader

Post by AlexSting »

1634 users and only two with an analog rytm? Unlikely...

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I think I'm the only one here that uses MAGIX Music Maker

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

AlexSting wrote:1634 users and only two with an analog rytm? Unlikely...
Wouldn't really surprise me, tbh.

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Minez a krakked RYTM!
:P

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

I'm on windows 7, headphones plus a mouse. No need for fancy gear. 8-) 8-)
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

You`ll probably find a lot more people with the Analog4 or Machinedrum. It seems not so many people were interested in the RTM
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

G-Nova
Suspect Handshake

Post by G-Nova »

I also have a Analog Rytm, I find it simpler than Octatrack or Monomachine that I also own ... I speak for the modes perf / mute / scenes ... The rest is usual, analog sound (synthetis) + samples, so layering in itself + effect. I expected the overbridge to really enjoy themselves will be easier, for the time, I use Maschine or Geist to create my loops/ sounds etc.. + fast and readable on the big screen.

UN!T B
pregnant

Post by UN!T B »

Okay so we have 3 people now. How many owners do we need before we can actually make this a topic? Hmmm.... I think the critical number is 42. We need diversity of opinion and yet not so many that it just becomes noise. So yeah if we can get 42 owners in here then we can have a fruitful discussion.
Hades wrote: stop being such a total dick, honestly.

AlexSting
non reader

Post by AlexSting »

UN!T B wrote:Okay so we have 3 people now. How many owners do we need before we can actually make this a topic? Hmmm.... I think the critical number is 42. We need diversity of opinion and yet not so many that it just becomes noise. So yeah if we can get 42 owners in here then we can have a fruitful discussion.
The sarcasm is strong with this one. How about making some useful contributions instead of turning this into a farce? *cries* :lol:
3 people are fairly enough to begin with.
Lost to the Void wrote:
You`ll probably find a lot more people with the Analog4 or Machinedrum. It seems not so many people were interested in the RTM
The sales for the rytm are exploding - I'd rather be annoyed that too many people bought one but don't seem to get a decent track out of it. Most "tutorial" videos are shit. The rytm forum is full of people who don't even know how to read the fucking manual. Rytm is a game-changer so I think it's just a question of time until more and more real artists will get in touch with it.

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

I've used the Rytm a few times, plus heard it on a good PA a couple of times as well. All I can say that it's the best machine Elektron has made so far (own the OT and the A4 myself). Amazing sound to it, assuming you know how to program it. Very versatile too. Plus of course the great sequencer it has. Definitely a winner in my books!
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

AlexSting
non reader

Post by AlexSting »

Barfunkel wrote:I've used the Rytm a few times, plus heard it on a good PA a couple of times as well. All I can say that it's the best machine Elektron has made so far (own the OT and the A4 myself). Amazing sound to it, assuming you know how to program it. Very versatile too. Plus of course the great sequencer it has. Definitely a winner in my books!
:!: Nicely said. I'm afraid that many people underestimate the rytm's capabilities. It's not just another drum machine - the workflow is so sophisticated that I don't have to think while working with it. Feels like playing an instrument PLUS it has such a good sound.. haven't touched my computer for making music ever since.

AlexSting
non reader

Post by AlexSting »

G-Nova wrote:I also have a Analog Rytm, I find it simpler than Octatrack or Monomachine that I also own ... I speak for the modes perf / mute / scenes ... The rest is usual, analog sound (synthetis) + samples, so layering in itself + effect. I expected the overbridge to really enjoy themselves will be easier, for the time, I use Maschine or Geist to create my loops/ sounds etc.. + fast and readable on the big screen.
So you are performing the transitions with OT, right? I wonder if there are other possibilities besides using samplers. I'd like to stay in the box. Currently I'm recording the running loop into the kaosspad's sampler (thank god it has a midi sync function) to change the kit in the rytm afterwards. What I don't like about this method: All you can do is crossfading between tracks - it's a restriction to creativity.

G-Nova
Suspect Handshake

Post by G-Nova »

I do not work with Rytm as "Live" but coupled with Ableton Live for composition and I create my sounds directly into it with a mixer "Alesis Multimix firewire" to add full effect of over ...

So the transitions I do not use and OT will be sold because it is duplicated with Ableton Live, I prefer it, otherwise I would obviously yes but OT is too versatile for me: p

I expect a lot from the overbridge as it will be an opportunity for me to work on samples / sounds of the Analog easier than now seen it go over USB instead of 8 slices mono on my mixer ..

AlexSting
non reader

Post by AlexSting »

G-Nova wrote:I do not work with Rytm as "Live" but coupled with Ableton Live for composition and I create my sounds directly into it with a mixer "Alesis Multimix firewire" to add full effect of over ...

So the transitions I do not use and OT will be sold because it is duplicated with Ableton Live, I prefer it, otherwise I would obviously yes but OT is too versatile for me: p

I expect a lot from the overbridge as it will be an opportunity for me to work on samples / sounds of the Analog easier than now seen it go over USB instead of 8 slices mono on my mixer ..
I wanted to get rid of the computer - that's why I got me one. But yeah.. the overbridge thing sounds handy if you use Ableton Live. Do you automate everything in the rytm before recording it into the DAW or do you also modulate some parameters live during the recording? If so: which parameters do you lock to the performance buttons most often?

AlexSting
non reader

Post by AlexSting »

willemb wrote:I think I'm the only one here that uses MAGIX Music Maker
Have you tried the techno edition?? 8-)
Killer EDM sounds!

youtu.be/eWElu0RGacw

G-Nova
Suspect Handshake

Post by G-Nova »

I do my normal pattern and placing different length are not certain, and the P-Lock and then I move all in Ableton Live where there I modulation / automation and I add effects, I find it easier the moment and more powerful, the Analog not too overpowering effect unless the delay which is great, the rest I do everything in Ableton and will be even easier with the overbridge so for now I keep this machine.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

So, I love the look of overbridge, I imagine it being something that could make me introduce a piece of hardware into my setup (I have no burning desire to move out of the box). Will it work with the machinedrum as well? I find the sound of that much more interesting than the Rytm. If not, will they be refreshing the machinedrums?

AlexSting
non reader

Post by AlexSting »

Unfortunately the Machinedrum is not supported... What do you like more about it in comparison to the rytm?