Who wil team up with me?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Rob Mitshi
fake
Who wil team up with me?

Post by Rob Mitshi »

I'm good at making loops, sounds, idias for tracks, getting good sounds, making nice low ends and stuff like that, got to this point in my music creation situation where i feel like it would be good to start working with a partner.
I'm getting a bit frustrated, Ive been teaching other people how to make sounds and stuff, but stil haven released one single fucking track... the people that ive set up, learned basic stuff from me already released stuff and I'm really sick of it...
I need someone that has good feel how tracks should be arranged, like a DJ, I think thats my main problem, i spend most of my time making new stuff, and i don't Dj .
So I'm willing to supply someone with al the loops, sounds, Ableton project files, whatever you need to make tracks with me.
If you can mix, arrange, and make good songs, but need someone with creativety to come up with good ideas, plz contact me so we can set something up.

Patriek
Mititei
Re: Who wil team up with me?

Post by Patriek »

Well Rob, i think i have the same 'need'. My main focus is dj'ing. I also have been teaching people around me (also the dj'ing part) but i never got back a lot knowledge wise. I never get to finish a track, cause the micromanagement for finishing my tracks is not my cup of tea :)
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Dirk L
Jan : )

Post by Dirk L »

I know its tough guys, and I feel for you.. but of all software, ableton is probably one of the easiest for making a track.

You have your traditional linear arrange page. Also the scenes which are a godsend when you have a bit of writers block. If you want to go crazy, you can do all sorts of silliness with the clips, with follow on actions etc..

If you have the music down, you need to spend some time on the workflow of what you do, rather than making new loops. Everyone goes through this and its not the music thats the fault, its how you are approaching it. I know when I'm doing a track, I have to put on different hats during different parts of the process otherwise I'll get less than nowt done. Fact :)

I've listened to both your tracks and you guys have no problems at all. You just need to get the map out and get reorientated.

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Thanks Dirk (name sounds very dutch btw).

I am pretty happy with my tracks. But i do not have any partners to work with :-) i want to learn more! Ofcourse i am learning alot from this forum also. But exchanging projects would be fun i think.
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Rob Mitshi
fake

Post by Rob Mitshi »

Thanks for the good advice Dirk, the workflow issue is really the problem atm, looking in to it and making some progress again.
@ Patriek, any new ones, really like working on that track you gave me the stems for. Acid bytes

SJP
Onions

Post by SJP »

Im in Rob. I just sent you a PM. Hey if it sounds good we will post it and let the others on SUBSEKT hear it :)

NomadSpectrum
subsekt
subsekt

Post by NomadSpectrum »

Good luck with this project guys - tell us how it works out - or even discuss how you work together

ross-alexander
endless

Post by ross-alexander »

Likewise, if you need any help with anything let me know. sometimes extra perspectives are all you will need, get some stuff laid down and send me a link.

http://soundcloud.com/ross-alexander

SJP
Onions

Post by SJP »

I havent back form Rob in days. He said he wanted to do it and he was just putting together some samples and he was gonna send me the link that night. I guess he got tied up with real life stuff :) Hopefully we can still get this going....

Rob Mitshi
fake

Post by Rob Mitshi »

not at all, wel had to go to work on week days and had to go to parties in the weekend, but ive been working on it.
Also i'm stil thinking about stuff i can put in the dropbox.
Got some percussion samples, a kick in some keys (c d e f g a b) and som 8bar loops. Uploaded it to the dropbox. Just need to give you acces. I'll be adding stuff whenever I have some time, probably every evening. look in your PM ;-)
Was also working on some chorded sounds for the "sample drop box", and got a melody thingy going and before I knew it I had this song project I'm also working on atm :oops: . There is not a lot of stuf in the box atm, but I'l give you acces anyways.

cheers

PS if you wanna join send me a PM, I'd like to keep track of the people who are working with the sounds.

SJP
Onions

Post by SJP »

This is the result of the samples Rob sent me today. Ive done what I can. I worked on this for about 2hrs and this is what I came up with. Rob as you can tell Ive added some things in there ;)

http://soundcloud.com/the-concierge/exp ... mitshi-sjp

Venefician
washable

Post by Venefician »

Well, If anyone has the time I'm actually one of THOSE guys that is in the learning phases of making electronic music. Um... if anyone is interested in helping me ( hopefully someone is) let me know :)

I live in a spot where the only scene of music is rock.. and thats obviously not what i want to do, so i cant just ask someone around her for this kind of help.

Venefician
washable

Post by Venefician »

Venefician wrote:Well, If anyone has the time I'm actually one of THOSE guys that is in the learning phases of making electronic music. Um... if anyone is interested in helping me ( hopefully someone is) let me know :)

I live in a spot where the only scene of music is rock.. and thats obviously not what i want to do, so i cant just ask someone around her for this kind of help.
Im actually going to go ahead and make do what i can and upload to soundcloud so u can get an understanding of where im at. :oops:

i will update in a few hours.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Wow - this is cool!

Keep us informed Guys :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

NomadSpectrum
subsekt
subsekt

Post by NomadSpectrum »

Maybe we should have a Collaboration section

Venefician
washable

Post by Venefician »

Rob Mitshi
fake

Post by Rob Mitshi »

Added some loops and sounds to the dropbox ;-)

Rob Mitshi
fake

Post by Rob Mitshi »

Added a whole new folder to the dropbox today, spent last 2 hours on it :-)
If you want acces to the dropbox please send me a PM, I wil send you the login and the pasword.
I'd like to keep track who is using the samples and listen to the tracks made with them.

the new map "Samples 127Bpm" includes:

-Kick samples
-Hihat samples
-Tom samples
-Clap samples

Midi slice loops
- Bass1 F#
- Bass2 long F1#+2#
- Chicago F#
- House Key F#

-Example loops
-the Ableton project file I used to create the samples
-Sylenth soundbank map

brendan rivine
washable

Post by brendan rivine »

Hi rob I'd like to have a bash if that's cool man !:)

Rob Mitshi
fake

Post by Rob Mitshi »

Sure no problem its open to anyone, ive sent you a PM with username and pasword, have fun mate ;-)