Live vs. Not

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
daunzila
arsehole
Re: Live vs. Not

Post by daunzila »

Lost to the Void wrote:
daunzila wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote: There's nothing wrong with having songs and sequences in your pa, no one is asking for improvised jazz.
Yes, i think is a good thing to have some sequences to get things going, i use some pattern stored and lots of audio clips in live, so i can go and switch to a mood but isnt really a song/track thing, is more o lets make space to that synth loop comes in and light up the music, then i go and use the hardware setup to write around that, and go from there improvising again,

tbh, most of the times i got bored when i see people just reproducing something...

and obviously i love to watch good live techno stuff, but again, im one of those who do live techno shit, so...
The simple way to avoid reproducing stuff is to have separate music. Release music and live music.
I've been doing it that way for years, the live stuff is something people can only hear live, and at the end of the year the stuff that has been most successful at gigs will get properly sequenced, recorded and released and at that point it's out of the pa.
People do get a little frustrated because they might say beforehand or during the pa "can you play or will you be playing such and such" but they can't as released tracks are no longer in the pa.

It makes what you do more marketable, punters can't say "oh he is just reproducing releases" and they get to hear something exclusive, which is more reason to see you.

And when the stuff does get released, it has already been promoted by you at gigs.

Damn thats a real good advice man!

i was thinking about how to manage this thing for months and i didnt had find what to do yet,
thanks a lot for this

:D
WTF?!