Reverb processing tips and tricks thread

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Barfunkel
Smalahove
Reverb processing tips and tricks thread

Post by Barfunkel »

This is something I definitely don't do often enough, especially considering I've lately started to use reverb more boldly, not just as something barely noticeable. I EQ the tail of course, but I do know people compress, saturate etc it a lot as well, which I don't do much of. And there's probably more creative things one can do too.

So, any good tips and tricks on the subject? Or good tutorial links.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Reverb processing tips and tricks thread

Post by Lost to the Void »

i love having compression after a reverb. Hard compression, so when the sound triggers the EQ is squashed back but then when the sound leaves the reverb is pushed up by the compression, you get this really nice big enveloping ambient scape.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

I love the sound of lowering the sample rate a bit on the reverb

HOTF
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by HOTF »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:59 pm
i love having compression after a reverb. Hard compression, so when the sound triggers the EQ is squashed back but then when the sound leaves the reverb is pushed up by the compression, you get this really nice big enveloping ambient scape.
Also a big fan of using compression and/or distortion after reverbs.

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

Saturation, compression, bit crushing, flanger, delays, a second reverb, mid-side processing, whatever. Oh and yes: automation of course. Also, mixing up a sidechained ambiance track into the same reverb, so it appears to be part of the reverb tail.
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.