Best Saturator

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Re: Best Saturator

Post by msl »

Never liked the Klanghelm, though I only have the free one. +1 on Decapitator, haven't tried Saturn yet. I use Sonimus Satson mostly these days, if your on mac the free Massey TapeHead Medium is still great.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

msl wrote:Never liked the Klanghelm, though I only have the free one. +1 on Decapitator, haven't tried Saturn yet. I use Sonimus Satson mostly these days, if your on mac the free Massey TapeHead Medium is still great.

I never knew Satson was a saturator. I usually use it on every channel for its filter control and automating gain reduction.

Shows I really should read manuals.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

ashley BORG wrote:
msl wrote:Never liked the Klanghelm, though I only have the free one. +1 on Decapitator, haven't tried Saturn yet. I use Sonimus Satson mostly these days, if your on mac the free Massey TapeHead Medium is still great.

I never knew Satson was a saturator. I usually use it on every channel for its filter control and automating gain reduction.

Part of what it does is pre-amp like saturation. And it all feeds in to itself, from channels to busses. That`s the beauty of it really.
If you want to use it as a pure saturator you can flip the back panel on the channel plugs and turn the output compensation knob to ON you basically turn the gain into a drive. Also the Fat mode increases distortion and reduces dynamic, and then you have the supergain on the back panel too.

It`s all in the manual, I`ve never really pushed the gain that hard myself to get more apparent saturation effects. I probably should try it.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

arc
^^ Has a Drumcode Tattoo

Post by arc »

Trash 2 is slowly getting more use than Saturn from me.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

ashley BORG wrote:I never knew Satson was a saturator. I usually use it on every channel for its filter control and automating gain reduction.

Ha yeah well I'm guilty of never reading manuals too, in this case its like only 2 pages though :)

Anyway as Void said, you can change it so the gain knob works as a saturator while keeping the volume constant, I find it handy since like you I have it on every channel already so its my first goto option.

I find with all plugin saturators, they can only do so much though.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

FFS CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!??!?!?! fuck sake i downloaded klanghelm and it doesn't appear on ableton
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

What version of Live are you using Pedro?

Did you install the right version? 32 or 64 bit? And are you using profiles? Have you got it in the right VST folder?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Pedro, if you're on Windows go to your VST plugins folder. Delete your .dll for Klanghelm and then open Live and go to help->'about live', look if you're running the 32 or 64 bit version (it's at the end of the line). Download the correct version of Klanghelm and rescan your plugins or restart live. It should be there.

Don't download both as Ableton seems fussy if you have both versions in your plugin folder, it's caused me issues with a few commercial plugs that insist on installing both.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Planar wrote:Pedro, if you're on Windows go to your VST plugins folder. Delete your .dll for Klanghelm and then open Live and go to help->'about live', look if you're running the 32 or 64 bit version (it's at the end of the line). Download the correct version of Klanghelm and rescan your plugins or restart live. It should be there.

Don't download both as Ableton seems fussy if you have both versions in your plugin folder, it's caused me issues with a few commercial plugs that insist on installing both.
Thanks mark i'll try that
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

lol it worked -_-
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Herman
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Herman »

Fabfilter Saturn is my favorite for now for general stuff. For tape style saturation I'm still a sucker for the UAD Ampex & Studer though.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Herman wrote:Fabfilter Saturn is my favorite for now for general stuff. For tape style saturation I'm still a sucker for the UAD Ampex & Studer though.
Macca?
New Shit

Herman
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Herman »

There's only one Herman ;) I noticed your quite active here Steve so thought I'd give it a go for a bit.

gavisthename
leper

Post by gavisthename »

I use Ableton Saturator all the time … love it … really cranks up the signal without losing punch :-)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Cheers for the tip on Klanghelm. Just bought the saturator the other day, really lovely kit at a wonderful price.
New Shit

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

I really like FerricTDS, which is also free:

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/200 ... -kvr-dc09/

lodzOfcrooks
tense

Post by lodzOfcrooks »

i use a native instruments Driver, they thrown it for free christmas 2012.
it gives gritty effect, and can modulate via lfo, cool stuff tho.
its . is that this plugin's simple, and makes similar effects to quite diffrent sound sources, so it is rather unuseful as a main saturation course, but still can trick as a bullet :.