The answer to our prayers!

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
tdmusic
Informer
The answer to our prayers!

Post by tdmusic »

Just got this advert on Facebook.

Neglects to mention that 2400% of zero is still zero...

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: The answer to our prayers!

Post by Críoch »

Have you watched any of his videos Tom?

Just watched a few there. Had to check it out. Seems almost like life coaching, psychological stuff.

Nice to see someone encouraging people to change their thought processes, but still.. the cynical skeptic in me is sniggering & shouting "Look out!!".

Site / Set-Up / You Tube vids with writing, combined with his lack of blinking freaks me out a little if I'm honest haha
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah, he does come across as another snake oil salesman
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

My thoughts exactly... his vid did come across in that way. He might have some interesting points but the whole "vibe" isn't really for me...

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

And for that reason, i'm out.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Haha - ^^^ Funny one!

____

Ah.. I think I'll watch a few of the vids later to see what he's about. I watched the 1st one & a feedback type one. To be fair, it seemed quite focused on personal growth & 'life coaching' if thats the category it can be filed under.

I'm actually intrigued to see what else is in the message. He's got some current pop acts & Claude Von Stroke in his testimonials page.. so yeah.. I'm totally curious. Curious also to see about prices & what is actually being offered.

Winner idea though, in terms of identifying needs arising from the insecurities of people.. if it is actually 'self-help videos for the ipad generation'.

He's got is head screwed on.. thats for sure!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Contort
athlete

Post by Contort »

ICN wrote:Have you watched any of his videos Tom?

Just watched a few there. Had to check it out. Seems almost like life coaching, psychological stuff.

Yeah thats all it is, advice for people who don't learn these things themselves, or those fortunate enough to come across these vids when they're just starting out.

Great guy and producer but he hasn't released since 2010 so uh.. either he's not following his own advice or he lost some passion and this is his new money making avenue.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Crazy website.

After a good scout around.. unless I am more incredibly stupid than I already know I am, it is impossible to find out anything about the courses on offer / price / content.

Also, there is no option to register an a/c.. even though there are links to youtube, rather than a registration page.

Seems like a baffling challenge considering the facebook campaign thats happening atm?

Hmmm. Half baked or what?

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

$497 for 6 months mentoring. He'll give you the money back in 6 months if you are not 100% happy.

Maybe its ok for some.. but it basically sounds like the Alan Carr, How to stop smoking book in reverse. Have to say, I watched one or 2 of the YT vids last night as I was trying to get my head around what this whole thing actually was & I was bored tbh..

Its pretty intense at the same time. Looking at some of the people.. they were being presented as broken, failed people in some way & with little or no self-esteem. I got the sense that they were only answering the questions that were being asked a lot of the time. I got the impression that they didn't totally agree with their portrayal. It wasnt what they said, but what they didn't say. There was very little adlibbing. The words were saying one thing and the body language another.

You cant help but question what you are seeing / hearing when he is so animated and the other person is not.. and when reading the site, with conflicting details on how many years experience he has, how many releases.. how many % you can improve by.. and some ebooks / blog posts having the same title, but are different things. Confused.com.

A bit too 'Shopping Channel' for me. Theres a real overload of information on a never-ending loop & the way its presented could do with a lot more class IMO.

He seems to have been battling a few demons over the last few years in terms of self-doubt.. so fair play that he's getting it together.. but I think its safe to say that its not going to be for everyone.

ParetoPark
Exampleless

Post by ParetoPark »

almost as laughable as Danny Rampling's http://www.learnhowtobeadj.com/

ParetoPark
Exampleless

Post by ParetoPark »

why are these things presented like get rich quick schemes?

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Bloody hell.

Box of 10! Cost price!! lol

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

right, just watched 3 video's of this guy.
especially this one is funny (impossible to watch it completely though)
basically he's asked some boring dude to do a testimony on how much he's improved since he's taken his course.

How to boost your music production output by 1300%

http://bit.ly/1blxtcj

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just don't get it.
It's as if since incomes from music have become smaller and smaller, more and more artists are doing all kinds of music "side"-jobs to get more cash.
I've had a guy in my studio once who makes cheesy dance/house tracks aimed at the top 10 charts.
Really nice guy too. Talented producer as well (though not at all my taste).
Now he's selling all kinds of music gear from a webshop next to his music making.
And this "Mike Monday" (god I hate alliterations on artist names) is making these "gain more self esteem" video's...

Man, I just find that shit sad.
I mean, if you wanna sell music gear, ok, no prob, but this guy looks like he's just abusing people who seriously believe they'll get far better at it by taking his highly overpriced "personal coach" approach.

I find it interesting how he's bashing following tutorials, or how he's saying how fora can be so crap,
how "its only taking you away from sitting down and actually making music" !
yep, absolutely true, that one ! :D
so why is paying him all that money and losing precious time watching his non-blinking face any different than all the others ?

it's always the same, isn't it ?
they all want your money.
What the hell did this guy ever say that is actually helping you ? All he's saying is "YOU CAN DO IT" in about 57.826 different ways...
But I've failed to see any actual production tip at all in those few vids I was able to watch...

:roll:
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ParetoPark wrote:almost as laughable as Danny Rampling's http://www.learnhowtobeadj.com/

I love how this guy's site has a tab called "DJ gifts"
where one would expect maybe a few freebies or something,
and then you see :

DJ Wear
DJ Clothing
DJ Gear

and basically if you click on the links you end up on a site selling t-shirts and stuff.
so he's getting paid again (via the links) if you actually would be stupid enough to buy something... :D

oh man...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa