Dark Lab / Studio Thread

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: Dark Lab / Studio Thread

Post by Hades »

Mslwte wrote:Don't worry hades, you are known to have the longest on the forum..
ow, does that mean you'll picklehaub me asap ??
und schnell bitte ? :P ;)

also, it's not always all about length, some women appreciate the colour as well, and my colour... you know...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

UN!T B
pregnant

Post by UN!T B »

Hades wrote: well, if you put a smiley right after you type :
Now somebody is asking me to give money to this place... :lol:
it doesn't come across as if you like it a lot here.
I guess there is a difference between what subsekt is conceptually and what it is actually & culturally... I like the idea but sometimes I don't like or am fed up with the culture. Besides I am pretty sure I suffer from the same problem you do: Short arms but deep pockets... :mrgreen:

The ensemble problem has nothing to with this.
Like I said sir, your help was very much appreciated.
and yes, you do post helpful information, which is always a good thing.
It has everything to do with it. In my opinion, I am contributing to a searchable knowledge base for techno, of sorts. Its not about synths or modulars or whatever. Its techno related. That really doesn't exist anywhere else. (There is r/technoproduction but that place is a virtual grave yard and it seems as if there is not a lot of useful info to be culled from it in my opinion.)

but you don't have to post that in your sig sir,
you could just ask Pedro if he actually meant it or not,
sometimes the guy has a real dry sense of humour.
You are correct, I do not have to post it in my sig. Yes, I could ask but I am sort of lazy that way, besides if it was a joke would he not have stated as much when I said he was going to tell y'all I went Jian Gomeshi on him? I would think so. I too have a dry sense of humour. He doesn't like me (as far as I know) and I don't have a clue as to the reason why... :lol:

using it in your sig kind of reminds me of the Jews and the Holocaust :
always having to remind the whole world of when someone did them harm (giving them the perfect excuse to be the meanest country in the Middle East).
yes, 6 million Jews got killed in a horrible way, but an additional 5 other million people got killed as well (gypsies, gays, resistance people,...),
but you never hear those other 5 million people talk about it anymore.

Anyway, extreme example, but you get the idea : why post it in your sig as a constant reminder ?
I don't even know what to say about all of this!!! Really? You are comparing me putting a comment in my sig to Hitler trying to exterminate an entire race of people?!? Some how I am like the Jewish people hereto, should just get over it and instead they are "the meanest" country in the middle east??? Did you eat some mushrooms or something before you wrote this ? :lol:
Hades wrote: stop being such a total dick, honestly.

UN!T B
pregnant

Post by UN!T B »

Planar wrote:
Can someone point out to me where innovine has been ridiculed or disrespected please? All I'm seeing is a straw man, here. He was the aggressor in this thread to a perceived slight and his only riposte to this seems to be about that bloody thread about minimal techno. Having just read back through that thread, yes, it's the normal abrasive Subsekt sense of humour, then it actually settles into a discussion about the merits of the genre. I don't see where anyone insults him and why he needs to take this blasé fuck you attitude based on it. That thread wasn't started by him, he didn't contribute to it other than taking a passive aggressive stance for no particular reason than he seemed to feel like it that day.

I really don't think this should be part of your 25 members crusade. He had spent 2 years here and should hardly be surprised some took the piss out of a minimal thread.
I don't know specifically where or when he felt slighted so I cannot really point it out.

I am not on a crusade about the number of people here. The fact that I point out there are more people posting else where when they are interested in techno has me wondering why?? I don't believe that there will be hordes on noobs or mnmlists beating down the door either. I was aware of this place from the start pretty much. At first I thought "I'll let them build up a little before I get into it." then I saw Hades looking for help with his Ensemble... and we all know how that turned out. :lol:

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

I think we have quite a few new member trying to engage more in the discussions recently. Not in every thread but in some

UN!T B
pregnant

Post by UN!T B »

I noticed this too. There has been an increase the past couple months.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

UN!T B wrote:
I don't know specifically where or when he felt slighted so I cannot really point it out.
Because he hasn't; it just fit your current narrative at the time.
UN!T B wrote:I am not on a crusade about the number of people here.
Then stop bloody posting about it all the time! It's probably putting new members off. ;)

UN!T B wrote:I noticed this too. There has been an increase the past couple months.
I think it's about par. There are a fair few posters who pop in sporadically and post here and there, there is just a hardcore few who have nothing else better to do.

UN!T B
pregnant

Post by UN!T B »

Planar wrote: Because he hasn't; it just fit your current narrative at the time.
...or maybe he has but I just don't know when because I am not him and I don't know how or when he feels slighted.
Then stop bloody posting about it all the time! It's probably putting new members off. ;)
It might be the opposite tho. It might be attracting more people to post.

I do know I am responsible for at least 1 new member here directly.

There was a dude in a production group on FB who posted a video. About you reverb bass. :lol: When I watched his video I was like no no no. Here is how you do it... then at some point I referred to this place. He said he has never heard of it until I mentioned it. Later I noticed he had posted a vid in the vid section. (Dark Arps) Also a second member here was involved in that same conversation (member: quest) altho he said he found Subsekt thru googling techno forums.
UN!T B wrote:I noticed this too. There has been an increase the past couple months.
I think it's about par. There are a fair few posters who pop in sporadically and post here and there, there is just a hardcore few who have nothing else better to do.[/quote]

I have better things I could be doing.... I am just fucking wiped half the time so I end up reading interwebz instead of doing those things.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

UN!T B wrote:
Planar wrote: Because he hasn't; it just fit your current narrative at the time.
...or maybe he has but I just don't know when because I am not him and I don't know how or when he feels slighted.
Hence why I asked the question earlier. I have a reasonable memory and couldn't recall anyone being abusive and I'd like to think if someone *were* out of order that they'd be called out for it. No-one has found anything since I asked, I took 10 minutes myself to look back and see if I missed something. And weirdly enough the poster in question doesn't feel like he needs to prove himself, funny that, eh?

I think if something was highlighted then those involved would apologise if their comments were taken the wrong way. I can recall this happening in the fairly recent past, we're all adults (and Pedro). Steve has basically apologised already and he hasn't done anything wrong. Regardless, taking an eye for an eye approach by calling people knobs isn't helping this forum at all, and why I don't think you should use this as an example of why you think it could be friendlier around here and become some kind of Techno Utopia(tm).

Can this thread go back to being about man-caves now?

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

UN!T B wrote: I was aware of this place from the start pretty much. At first I thought "I'll let them build up a little before I get into it." then I saw Hades looking for help with his Ensemble... and we all know how that turned out. :lol:
mate, if you're whole aim is to trying to ridicule me,
then good luck to you. :roll:

my ensemble has all the same kinds of little bits of annoyance that many other people's ensembles have, and you can find quite some proof of that on the net.
you've tried to help me, I've already thanked you for that.
I even pointed out in one of my previous posts how you can most certainly give solid logic help to people, but clearly, that wasn't enough already, so :
how many times does one need to say thank you to you, really ?

"we all know how that turned out"

qué ?
Yes, how did that all turn out, really ???
Do you even know, do you even care, or is this just a handy tool for you in this discussion cause you fail to find many more appropriate reasonable tools ?

In case you were wondering (of course you were not) : my ensemble is still giving me the little annoyances, which on certain days become more annoying,
but yeah, I guess it's up to me if I wanna swap it or not.
Somewhere in the future, I certainly will. No doubt about that.

stop being such a total dick, honestly.

"I was aware of this place from the start pretty much."
well then what, only reason you stayed was cause "Hades had ensemble trouble" ?
ow noble you, except that only started like a few months ago.
(excluding the original questions I had with the FW=>TB piece, please remember my ensemble only started to play up on me after approx. 6 months)
Guess you stayed around quite long even though you were "aware of this place from the start..."
I must have been quite the motivational factor after all that time...
I mean, you left with a lot of drama, then you even came back (and I was foolish enough to welcome you).

Look, you can try and ridicule the source, or you can go on and have an honest discussion.
Uptill now I've only seen you try and ridicule the source (in this case : me).

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

UN!T B wrote: He doesn't like me (as far as I know) and I don't have a clue as to the reason why... :lol:
yes, of course you wouldn't have a clue, full of birds-eye view you are.
UN!T B wrote:
always having to remind the whole world of when someone did them harm (giving them the perfect excuse to be the meanest country in the Middle East).
yes, 6 million Jews got killed in a horrible way, but an additional 5 other million people got killed as well (gypsies, gays, resistance people,...),

Anyway, extreme example, but you get the idea : why post it in your sig as a constant reminder ?
I don't even know what to say about all of this!!! Really? You are comparing me putting a comment in my sig to Hitler trying to exterminate an entire race of people?!? Some how I am like the Jewish people hereto, should just get over it and instead they are "the meanest" country in the middle east??? Did you eat some mushrooms or something before you wrote this ? :lol:
No, I am not comparing, I am saying you remind me of that situation.
Because if everyone that ever got a seamingly mean comment would start posting it in their sig, the sigs would change pretty much every day.
Notice how no one else does, sir.

Like I said : extreme example.
And yes, I truely mean that : the meanest country in the middle east.
Cause let's face it, IS-"country" is not officially a country. But then, if you call their "territory" a country, then they definitely start to win.

But I don't expect that I can have an honest and serious discussion about Israel and their behaviour with you. You're probably just gonna start about my ensemble again.
I don't expect you'd actually have the knowledge of what kind of stuff Israel has been up to in the last 40-50 years.
We barely see the truth about that on the news over here, so I don't expect you guys to see any of it on your news.
All I know of that situation is what I got from spending hours and hours researching that shit on the internet.
Or watching documentaries. Just like I spent hours and hours watching stuff about WWII, so I can give you facts.
For example :
Pretty much unkown fact : there were concentration camps in France. (damn, why did they leave that out of our history books, I really wonder ! )
Fact : half of France was under their own souvereign gouvernment for most of the war, and most of the Jews that fled to that part to be "safe" they just handed over to the Germans, as a gesture of their "gratitude" or whatever excuse they want to use when someone asks them about that part of history.

Any idea of what Israel did in Libanon ? South Libanon Army for example (to name only a fairly recent example), go look it up.
Or go and whine about my ensemble.

Someone got my point though, he immediately said something along the lines of "well done sir".
I fail to see why I should add smilies to all this shit or continue the discussion,
but hey, by all means, if you truely have something worthwhile to add, then please do.

lahtac
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by lahtac »

This is my current set up, slowly but surely getting there.

Roland Juno Alpha 2
Novation Zero SL Mk II (Originally bought for the MKS-50 preset so I could use it with the Juno)
x0xb0x
Korg Volca beats and a couple of Boss pedals
Korg MS-20 mini (most recent purchase)
Arturia Beatstep
AKG K701 Headphones
Presonus Audiobox USB

The box on the right is eurorack modular case I managed to snag off ebay for £50. Side project that's been put on hold until I can afford to get my new computer and few other things like;

Monitors
A decent audio interface (this one is on it's last legs)
Mixer (on the look out for a Mackie Cr1604 but I'm considering saving some money and getting a firewire mixer).

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

FFS & LOL @ all the OT stuff here . Can we move on & let bygones be bygones? Pluh - eeze? :)

-----------

Eurorack case for 50? Sounds like the most expensive 50 you could spend ;) haha
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

UN!T B wrote:

I just wanted to add a small extra to this one : you're clearly not getting it, aren't you ?
Hitler only was the end-point of centuries where Jews were being ridiculed and in some way discriminated.
I doubt if Hitler even shot one single Jew in the head himself.
It took several nations to do the job of the Holocaust.
So many countries in Europe put thousands and thousands day after day on a train heading towards the concentration, or even worse extermination camps.
All of Europe was guilty and had dirty hands, but we all find it so easy to blame the Germans afterwards, as if none of us ever had anything to do with it,
or as if the Allied forces never did any wrong during all WWII. (ow no, let's not even mention the fact Churchill was drunk when he ordered the bombing on Dresden, or the US dropped 2 nuclear bombs though 1 would have been far more than enough and at that point it was clear the Allies were gonna win anyway, cause we can always say Hitler was a total nutcase and everyone will gladly agree !! let's all just pat each other on the back for our great heroic actions !! )

But yeah, my point was this : if 6 million Chinese folks got killed, and 5 million Swahili folks got killed, during the same event,
and 70 years later, only the Chinese were still whining about it,
then I have only the greatest respect for the Swahili.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:FFS & LOL @ all the OT stuff here . Can we move on & let bygones be bygones? Pluh - eeze? :)
I don't even know what to say to this except in theory I'd love to, but I won't let others just poke me with a dumb stick and not reply to them.
I'm done with being that kind of guy.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Well.. I know things are fairly loose around here but this is all ( as a tangent ) fairly unrelated to the subject matter of this thread. I know you know what I'm saying :)

I wonder if it would be a good idea to wrap it up somehow soon? People just wanna see pics of desks with music stuff on them in here after all.. :) :) [2 smilies]
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yeah well, I had some lovely pics prepared of new artwork I made and hung up in my studio
(not that it took me ages, I just cut up some good photography and framed it),
but somehow I don't feel like it's worth anything to add them.

you know, today is exactly 1 year ago my brother-in-law's brother hanged himself. (yeah, doesn't time fly huh ? remember when we discussed that stuff...)
even though his mourning print is like 1m away from my bed, I wouldn't even have known if my mother didn't drop by for a visit and told me.
But anyway, this has nothing to do with all of this.
The stupid Jews have nothing to do wih all of this. It was just an example,
and if people want to take it literally, I will go into historical details to explain why my brain puts connections between certain things.

I'm just saying : I'm not in the mood for people dodging the heart of the matter in a discussion by just trying to ridicule the source.
This kind of behaviour has always put me off, and today of all days most definitely.

Someone, in this case 2 people, tried to say :

1. this place is semi-dead cause it doesn't have enough active members and the behaviour of the active members scares away potential members.
this is just plain stupid, cause subsekt is growing every day. And do we want just everyone in ? Of course not. Everyone's welcome, but if you're not made for subsekt, then get the fuck out and leave us be (and we'll gladly leave you be as well, don't worry about that). But stop whining about how you think subsekt could be "better" and yet never ever get into detail or try to propose what could make it better.

2. they have been ridiculed.
Jezus christ, everyone has been ridiculed over here.
Get over it, or just realize subsekt ain't for you.

Though I always admire your ever mild-hearted nature John, sometimes I wish you were a little more upfront, you know ? :|

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

to mr Iahtac : don't worry : just some small domestical problems to be dealt with here.
has nothing to do with you. :) ;)

nice setup.
would love to hear your alpha-juno.
any tracks you used it in ?

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

I suppose this is the internet version of a punch up before making up and buying each other a drink. Shit will blow over soon enough

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

If it's a punch up, I'm glad I'm on team Voidloss for this one. I've read his stories.

@Hades: time to be the bigger man and let it go. We got techno to discuss. I mean ffs you haven't told anyone you play piano for the last few days. We need to get some normality back :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I ain't buying those 2 a drink.
not unless they come up with some valuable content for a proper discussion about the main things they were supposed to be discussing from the start but then started dodging as soon as some regular folks here started replying and asking for details.

but anyway, this is mr Phillips signing off for tonight ! ;)