It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Dark Lab / Studio Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 am 
will fuck for food

Shit Hades, that's not funny (except the wanking part then) :(.
Hope everything turns out okay with your friend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 am 
Q33 NY

Eeurgh, nasty story Hades.

I recently bought an afkortzaag for doing the skirting boards in my house and it scares the shit out of me every time I turn it on. Total concentration is required, or whole fingers could be gone in a second.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:33 pm 
Interchangeable

WOLF! wrote:
Shit Hades, that's not funny (except the wanking part then) :(.
Hope everything turns out okay with your friend

Trust me, I might be telling this as a funny story, but I know very well it's not really a funny thing at all.
Last night, I was sitting here, thinking about how I know for a fact that he's just gonna continue working after maximum 1,5 days of rest, if it's even that.
I told him after last time : "man, I know shit happens, but why does that kind of shit always happens to you ??", thinking I would be able to make him think... :|

People do stupid shit all the fucking time,
it's a thing you learn to live with.
But it does become kind of problematic when those stupid things some people do seriously affect tons of other people, or if they affect the ones you love, or if the one doing something stupid just happens to be one of your best friends.
You stick up for your friends, even if that means driving them to the same emergency room, for the same kind of stupid accident twice in 4 months... :| :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:40 pm 
Interchangeable

terryfalafel wrote:
Eeurgh, nasty story Hades.

I recently bought an afkortzaag for doing the skirting boards in my house and it scares the shit out of me every time I turn it on. Total concentration is required, or whole fingers could be gone in a second.

trust me on this (and I only know this from his machines and the shit stuff he had happening to him by working with his machines) : "afkortzaag" is nothing.
I was literally helping him a bit by using his afkortzaag while he was using his big "paneelzaag" behind me.
The safety on the afkortzaag is far far better (though it does make me nervous just as well using that thing) than really heavy shit like a "paneelzaag".
He lost most of the top part of his left index finger with the "paneelzaag",
now he lost about 1/3 of the top part of his index finger of his right hand with his "schaafmachine".

His problem is just that he's careless.
He's not stupid, but he just doesn't seem to care enough,
and some day I think it's gonna cost him a proper finger.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:16 pm 
refusenik

Not sure if I have the correct translation but if it's a panelsaw he probably removed the fingerguard. It's a really dumb move but a lot of guys remove it cos they find it more awkward to run stuff (my friends included). He also sounds a bit casual and takes risks too easily.

It amazes me. How would he work if he had no hands?!
If he was employed in a workshop and did that he would be kicked the fuck out (huge insurance risk/exposure)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:21 pm 
refusenik

That sounds like a bit of a rant but I give people I know the same shit for doing dumb things and risking their own health (like sanding or spraying lacquer with no mask. Wtf?)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:05 pm 
Interchangeable

intrusav wrote:
Not sure if I have the correct translation but if it's a panelsaw he probably removed the fingerguard. It's a really dumb move but a lot of guys remove it cos they find it more awkward to run stuff (my friends included). He also sounds a bit casual and takes risks too easily.

panelsaw = paneelzaag.
His model is so old (approx. 35 years old) that it doesn't have a fingerguard.
And yes, he takes far too many risks too easily. That's not just your impression.
The panelsaw was his 1st accident though, not the one he had yesterday, which was with a planing machine.

intrusav wrote:
It amazes me. How would he work if he had no hands?

Exactly.
I guess it's the same like some junkie telling him he's not taking any risks at all.
Or the guy having a drink every day, starting at 9AM,
who tells himself he's not an alcoholic and all is just fine.
What can I say?? some people are just totally reckless...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34