Native Instruments & Fxpansion - Black Friday Deals.

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Native Instruments & Fxpansion - Black Friday Deals.

Post by Críoch »

Anyone looking at this?

Have to say that I'm tempted.

http://www.native-instruments.com/speci ... urse-deal/

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Native Instruments - 50% off until the 26th Nov

Post by Críoch »

So.. Fxpansion have a deal too.. up to 60% off.

DCAM is $99 / €75 / £66 !!!

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=166

God.. whats better? Buying some NI stuff? I was thinking of Massive or FM8 - or DCAM?

I'm confused now haha
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Wiu
Slowy J
Re: Native Instruments - 50% off until the 26th Nov

Post by Wiu »

I'm a NI hater, so won't touch them. Defo gonna have to pick up 'Tremor' for £66 though. Plus I gotta put some time into figuring out how to use the free Waves One Knob Louder thingy ;p
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Native Instruments & Fxpansion - Black Friday Deals.

Post by Críoch »

The fx / circuitry in Tremor is unreal..

Also has a step sequencer on crack. Really fucking sweet.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

NICE! Heard nothing but good things about it since its release.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Yeah.. like all the individual channels / drum sounds have their own lane in the step sequencer.. AND you can also define the length for each one of those individual lanes. Polyrhythm heaven.

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

Aw fuck, I need to spend more money on music stuff this month like a need a hole in the head and I really want to focus on learning Ableton's internal stuff first, but I have a hard time resisting discounts... used to love NI's VSTs back in the day (when I was - ahem - producing prog trance...) and the FXPansion stuff looks sick. Hmmm.

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

Ahh, the FXpansion ones are on til the end of the year :)

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

i'm pretty biased as i HATE NI (except Reaktor) and absolutely love FXPansion,but i`d say GO FOR DCAM SYNTHSQUAD!!! :D :lol: :lol:

Edit: I have to admit NI's Passive EQ and Enhanced EQ are pretty good (but these are modeled by Softube anyway and NI just whacked their label on it)
Last edited by Mono-xID on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

FXpansion stuff is so tempting... Played with the Tremor demo a while ago it was great, and it sounds like Geist could be worth it just for the sample libraries...

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

ICN - if you needed any more persuading, get 15% off FXPansion stuff: "Get an extra 15% off these deals at http://www.jrrshop.com with the code Thanksgiving15" (they sell download licences)

from http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... ack+friday

Well, it'd be rude not to at those prices! Dunno how long the code is valid for, I might pull the trigger on Geist, DCAM and Tremor and worry about it later (can always sell a licence I guess!)

Edit: bit confused, it looks like they only have Tremor in stock (I guess maybe they buy a quote of licences from FXpansion?) But my order has gone through - £160 total for all three - so we'll see!
Last edited by tdmusic on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

It's a question of needs.

Just curious why some of you hate NI?
It's a strong word, Wikipedia says:

"Hatred (or hate) is a deep and emotional extreme dislike that can be directed against individuals, entities, objects or ideas. Hatred is often associated with feelings of anger and a disposition towards hostility"

So, whats your story?
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

Anyone used Cakewalk Rapture? They're selling it for £15 at the minute, is it any good?!

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

@ Mattias - I just think that NI is overrated. I fucking hate Kontakt with a passion, but a couple of sample libraries I use are only usable as Kontakt instruments so sadly I have to use it. I just find it really CPU heavy and slow (and I'm on an 8 core Mac Pro). I quite like Battery although I find that quite CPU intensive too. IMassive is okay, but there are several other synths I prefer to use. Absynth I just find ridiculously over complicated, but I admit I've not really put much time into learning it. Never once used Reaktor. Maybe one day I'll open the instruction manual and figure out what it's about. I really should go back and have another look at FM8 though. I love the sounds FM synthesis can make, but I tend to go straight for Logic's EFM synth (which I fucking love). I can't judge on Traktor (I'm still 95% vinyl) or Maschine.

Headband
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by Headband »

Mattias wrote:It's a question of needs.

Just curious why some of you hate NI?
It's a strong word, Wikipedia says:

"Hatred (or hate) is a deep and emotional extreme dislike that can be directed against individuals, entities, objects or ideas. Hatred is often associated with feelings of anger and a disposition towards hostility"

So, whats your story?

I personally hate Native Instruments because I feel like all their VSTs sound exactly the same and I'm really not a fan of that sounds. It's always sounded very filmsy and digital to me as well, a lot of my peers who use Massive or FM8 have to "stack" synths to get it sounding somewhat reasonable I've noticed, blech.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Ok.. jrr shop or whatever they're called: 15% code is Thanksgiving15. But they also have a 10% discount for new customers anyway.. voucher code:newcustomer - SO if all else fails - people can use that too on anything they have there.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Ok I see your points, Im not into Battery / Kontakt etc either (I used Kontakt always when I used Cubase but it always got me mad...) so I follow you there. They're also in the top league of plugin developers. The big nasty company etc hehe.

But...

Absynth, Massive, FM8 & Reaktor are outstanding quality software. I dont use Absynth, but I know what it is capable of. I use Massive & Reaktor a lot (Massive pre the dubstep revolution...) they're very complex and flexible. FM8 is also a monster which I used lots in the past. All those synths are not really the "conventional" synths people like I know that or sure. But they are extremely powerful when learned from inside-out. I totally dont agree with that you have to stack synth to make them sound good. I mean, if you're after analog sounds neither of those synths does it, they are not supposed to. We have loads of emulations of the real deal, as well as the actual real deal.

Long live Native Instruments ;)
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

@Mattias: well,HATE might be a bit drastic i admit. But for me personally there are a few things i really don't like about NI. First thing is the GUI of most of their software.Kontakt or Battery f.e. just gives me "eye-cancer". I know it's personal taste but i get very aggressive when i look at their GUI with all this millions of little buttons and even smaller lettering.

Another one is their marketing behavior.They pay Artists to say things like "Maaaaaan...Maschine is mindblowing,amazing,can't live whithout bla bla bla". Of course a company has to earn money and advertising their products,nothing wrong with that. But with NI i always have the feeling that there is always a well-known artist involved so they try to suggest,that you'll never can make good music without one of their products which is lame imo. Other companys let speaks their products itself in promo-vids and not some bloke that produced tracks for Jay-Z of whatever. Luke Slater f.e. uses a lot of D16 products but they don't rub it under my nose in every advertise.

Third thing is their massive preset amount.I meant look at KOMPLETE. It's bloated with "ready to use" stuff drenched in FX and all that shit. NI's software for me is what "Loopmasters" is for Sample Packs.They are at the forefront of "Preset-Deliverers" (stupid description,i know) and they are jointly responsible for all the heartless/soulless shit music made without any effort that many guys on this forum hate so much.

just my 34 cents

I`ll now grab me a Hefe Weizen Beer and will start tweaking the AALTO :mrgreen:

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

LOLOL @ Eye Cancer.

That sounds like something I'd say hahaha

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

in fact,i'm saying this very often,John :D