YAMAHA PSR 36 RECORDING QUESTION

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Pelecaras
Lifer
YAMAHA PSR 36 RECORDING QUESTION

Post by Pelecaras »

Hi all. Long-time no post, been lurking though, checking new tracks and shit. Had a PSR 36 for years and thing is, I love the sound when it comes out of the built-in speakers but damn some of the sounds have loads of bottom end so when I record out it sounds radically different.

Tried EQing but can't quite get it right. DUMB question but if I got the frequency response of the built-in speakers and cut everything below and above the signal, would it get me there or in the ball-park at least? I know age will play a part but absolutely fucking love the thing but at moment can't really get it to sound how I want it to when recording. even tried putting mic in front of speakers about 2 inches away which takes out a lot of low end but records to much room.

I know others on here own one. any help really appreciated
FUCK-WIT

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Re: YAMAHA PSR 36 RECORDING QUESTION

Post by msl »

First off. I fucking love the PSR36. That shitty DAC is so good. Wonderful synth.

I record mine straight into my soundcard. Never had a problem with too much bass, the bass is why I love it. If you want less bass just put a high pass filter on it and adjust it to where you want. There shouldn't be any reason for it not to sound good, unless your recording too hot maybe.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Pelecaras
Lifer
Re: YAMAHA PSR 36 RECORDING QUESTION

Post by Pelecaras »

Not running it hot, HPF never occurred to me. Dumb is an understatement. Thank you MSL.
FUCK-WIT