Anyone here used Syntorial?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
SCUMM
skaghead
Anyone here used Syntorial?

Post by SCUMM »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has used Syntorial before and if you have did you find it useful in terms of programming subtractive synths?

I've been producing for about 7 + years and know a bit about synthesis. Can come up with some patches that I'm fairly happy with but often have sounds in my head that I have a very hard time trying to replicate or even coming close to replicating. They're having a black friday sale with 50% off and am wondering is it worth it or if I'm just wasting my money?

I've downloaded the demo version and like it so far and have read loads of good reviews but was just wondering if any of you rate it?

If not are there any other resources that you recommend researching?

Cheers, S.
WHERE WORDS FAIL MUSIC SPEAKS

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Anyone here used Syntorial?

Post by Lost to the Void »

Seems great from what I can make out, I might get it myself
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

asm
crud

Post by asm »

I have it and it is very good. To be fair I haven’t used it in ages as I stopped part the way through and lost momentum. The general aim is that each stage adds a layer of complexity - waveform shape, number of oscillators, envelopes, effects. Etc etc. then it will play a sound and you’ll have to recreate it. Basically an ear training program.

There’s a demo of the first lessons, which will give a flavour of whether you like it. In fact I might give it a go tonight!

They also do an online one for beats/composition. Again it is good ear training and good fun. Audible Genius is the name.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

Seems really cool, might get it :)

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

It's good ear training but it won't help you with synthesis beyond fairly basic subtractive patches.