Anyone else dealing with Live 11 issues?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
ozias_leduc
ANAL
Re: Anyone else dealing with Live 11 issues?

Post by ozias_leduc »

I'm on Monterey currently , not using Rosetta. Using probably 50% third party plugins, and no dramas here.

The occasional crash but it's probably as stable as it's every been.

FWIW I also had no real problems on Big Sur and/or Rosetta

Feeling lucky...

orchard
quasi-public

Post by orchard »

On an old 2012 MacBook Pro running High Sierra and all is well. Using 50/50 Live/AU plugins.
I have definitely found AU plugins to be more stable and less cpu hungry that VST2. Only have and odd one or two that aren’t AU and I have to use VST.

Rickskii
brown envelope

Post by Rickskii »

msl wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:31 am
Rickskii wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:22 pm
Live 11 has never crashed on me. I use mostly 3rd party. M1 Mac here.
You're a lucky man. Mine hangs and becomes unresponsive 3-4 times a session. Projects that worked fine one day, hang the next. Are you running it in Rosetta ? I really need to fix this, just trying to avoid having to wipe and clean re-install the machine... what OS version are you on? I'm still on Big Sur
Have a few AU plugins running through Rosetta but don't really use them much. Everything else aside from Serum and LFO tool and Auburn sounds stuff is apple silicon and VST3. I don't use any warez and I also always update my OS every time a new one is out, even point versions.

One caveat though is that I don't make money from music so can take these risks without too much worry. Maybe I have been lucky up to now.