Midi controller Ableton boring question

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Be without
Opposite
Midi controller Ableton boring question

Post by Be without »

Hi, I like to use launch Kontrol when jamming with Ableton. For instance to adjust filter cut off, reverb etc of different channels on Ableton during a build. I just map the controls I need to the controller. Standard stuff. My question is can I do the same using push or the apc? Or do you have to switch from channel to channel on push/apc before being able to adjust devices on each channel? If so, this wouldn’t work for me as I need to adjust devices on different channels at same time. Just asking before I decide to buy a new controller or not.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Midi controller Ableton boring question

Post by dubdub »

This depends on the mode you are in. In standard automap mode, you can only adjust devices on each channel. But in custom mapping mode, you can use it like a regular midi controller.

Be without
Opposite

Post by Be without »

Thanks, would going between standard and custom mode be a good way to use push to produce then switch modes to jam arrangement?

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Be without wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:47 am
Thanks, would going between standard and custom mode be a good way to use push to produce then switch modes to jam arrangement?
I think the easiest way would be to just keep the Launch Kontrol. You can use multiple controllers simultaneously in Ableton. The Push automap mode also doesn't take up any midi cc mappings.

Be without
Opposite

Post by Be without »

Thanks, very useful info. This helps a lot.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

dubdub wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:28 am
This depends on the mode you are in. In standard automap mode, you can only adjust devices on each channel. But in custom mapping mode, you can use it like a regular midi controller.
HOLD ON! why haven't I heard about this before? It's my number one issue with push that it sort of locks into channels!

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

Amøbe wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:58 pm
dubdub wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:28 am
HOLD ON! why haven't I heard about this before? It's my number one issue with push that it sort of locks into channels!
don't get your hopes up, it won't display the parameter on the screen or anything like that - it just becomes a standard 'dumb' midi controller