New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears
Re: Neutron.

Post by over9000 »

I had one once but sold it.
Sound is nice idd.
Oscs are very nice imo. Filter is ok, patchbay is detailed, with attentuators and sums and stuff.
Its a good synth for drones/textural stuff/fx etc
Envelopes suck for fast 16th notes sequences i recon.
Anything where you need fast envelopes is not really fun to make with it imo
Paraphonic mode works, but in the end i dident come up with too much sounds that used it

Its not a bread and butter synth and its nothing compared to a real good 3osc mono such as the dom1

For the price its a nobrainer i just had to sell it to raise cash for other stuff

If i would buy a synth in that category i would try a microfreak though

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

I do. Pehaps not the most versatile synth indeed, but it does have some character. Now I'd need a Dom1 to compare :mrgreen:
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

yeah, character, some good weirdness and dronage, small size, kinda what I am looking for. Something that will interact nice with my Sismo Lito.

I might see if I can get a demo model to try.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

I also have one. I think it's good, and compliments my BassStation2. But most recently I have been using it with my modular which of course takes it to other places it totally, but even on it's own you can create some weird stuff with it and particularly using it's own patchbay. Was using it to create some kicks for a while. But I wouldn't want it as my only mono. And if you are looking for something with a clean sound the neutron is not the place I would start but I guess you are not looking for that!

The placement and size of the tuning knobs annoys me sometimes, I have pulled them off when I am recording with it, it's also ugly IMHO.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Don't know anything about them.. but was surprised to hear that the Crave is a direct copy in features & sound of the Moog Mother a fraction of the price

Totally happy with my Behringer 18ch soundcard & Bro1. Kid has the Behringer 606 & it's cool. Life is too short. Worth a punt.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

I've got one. Sounds great for the money.

orchard
quasi-public

Post by orchard »

Yeah, I like mine. Lot of fun.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I demo'd one extensively. Seems great for drones and textures, but that's not a need so I passed on it for the time being. But I bet it would pair nicely with a big shimmer reverb, like on the Meris Mercury 7.