Waves plugins bundle

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
ARiFF
snıuǝƃ ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ
Waves plugins bundle

Post by ARiFF »

Hey guys, you probably know but Waves is having a 50% reduction on the gold bundle of their plugins suite. I have been saving up for a while now, and im seriously thinking about buying me a copy. Since im still learning a lot on a daily basis, i would like to ask our more experienced producers what they think about Waves in general and if they think the gold bundle would be a good investment as an allround plugin suite. I have a friend over here who produces music for a living, who's been using them for an extended period now and afaik he's really positive about it.

There are 2 main advantages for me personally that is to seal the deal, and those are : since my friend uses them aswell, i wont have to spam the forum everyday with stupid questions ala "is it supposed to do that, when you crank this value up ?" Another advantage it seems i really love the simplicity and easy layout of their plugins. They're all very clear and well layed out, im not into much blingbling for this kind of stuff to be honest. I'm a keyboard kinda guy so i like to be able to input numbers into a comp or eq fast, so i dont need all the extra decorations.

I have been running the demo(s) and such for a bit, and must say ( as far as i know ) they sounded pretty good to me. One thing im a bit unsure about is the amount of stuff they include, i think they have like 5+ sorts of compressors, 20+ eq's in all flavours and colours, and im sometimes quite unsure on what to use when. I guess i will learn that by just doing and experimenting, but sometimes a little guidance saves you a lot of time instead of experimenting on my own :D So any tips on that are welcome aswell offcourse ! ;-)

So to round this up :

- Waves plugins bundle ? Are they worth the money ? What bundle should i get ? ( i have a budget available, but if needed it can change ) Anyone else using these and how do you like them ?

cheers !

ARiFF

chocstclair85
broke
Re: Waves plugins bundle

Post by chocstclair85 »

Hey mate

Not used them myself but have heard really great things about them from other producers. The sale is probanbly over now but I'd probaly pick and choose a few individual plugins that you really need rather than the whole bundle.

Nicklas_Enace
Mingler

Post by Nicklas_Enace »

The only things I´m using from waves is the SSL 4000 Collection, API Collection, Studio Classics Collection and The Grand Master Collection.
And from my poin of view you only need some plugins for the mastering. I would go for Grand Master Collection and not the Gold Bundle, but it´s a great great price with the 50% off. You will probably never need to go for other plugins the the Gold Bundle.. :)

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

i use them (mainly at work), and like them a lot

Q10 is my go-to-EQ.

and also use the PAZ analyzer all the time!

didn't know they were on sale. that is awesome. for bread and butter plugins, i would say they are top notch.

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

Depends on what kind of effects you're after. Some of their stuff is really amazing, if you're looking for an analog summing solution their VLS system is a killer.