Rob Papen Sound Design DVD

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Johnlad
quasi-public
Rob Papen Sound Design DVD

Post by Johnlad »

I don't know if others have been following this but it's been delayed and delayed over the last couple of years, but it finally looks as if it is going to get released next month. This is from Rob Papen on KVR:

"Hi,

Currently I am recording this week the last screen captures and synths and early August we do the final edits and pre-pair the DVD's.
Based on the final recording I did here and the ones to come I think we end up with 3 DVD's. We are very far and all looking good.

The working sheet PDF holds 134 items that needed to be recorded and 133 are ready... so remains 1 and..... 1 item that is not on this list, that I forgot
Shit!

We do our best to get into production in August of course, so that we can deliver in September. Insane project, but I get a very good feeling now...because we are almost there Very Happy"

I noticed a few people on another thread talking about sound design and wanting to learn more, so thought this might be of interest.

http://www.robpapen.com/dvd-sound-design.html

kuba_rubacha
Alf Garnett
Re: Rob Papen Sound Design DVD

Post by kuba_rubacha »

looks good,altought id say itll have a price tag to match it...

disparate
I forgot.... So baked.

Post by disparate »

That sounds pretty interesting, me being one of the people who recently posted a "help me, sound design is hard..." thread!

I wonder though, will it be general enough to apply to most synths? The blurb does seem to imply that but I worry it would focus on RP synths, none of which I own. It seems like most similar resources focus on one or two specific synths and although a lot of synths share features it can end up applying to a particular synth's workflow - see most of the tutorials in Computer Music etc.

Johnlad
quasi-public

Post by Johnlad »

In his posts on KVR he mentions he uses Predator a lot, so it would be a case of using the techniques on another subtractive synth if you don't own it. Having said that though he uses hardware as well in it, and has made it as a sound design course so supposedly makes it understandable enough for novices to apply what they learn on it with other synths.

Not sure of the price tag but I reckon it could be quite expensive but a great resource if the time its taken to make it is anything to go by!