Connecting to Erm Midiclock+ and Ableton

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
karol
Interact. Don't Spam.
Connecting to Erm Midiclock+ and Ableton

Post by karol »

Hi,been wandering lately for over 6months to save up money for external gear,ableton itself is great but i felt i was missing something that give me satisfaction with making music instead of neverending mouse clicking...so i bought minibrute 2s,mother 32,Clarett 4 pre,kenton midi thru 5,some cables and erm midiclock...my question is how the fuck should i connect synths with midiclock and clarett to run in sync with ableton,the minibrute is in perfect tempo but mother 32 is always offset...it's my first hardware buy so i'm a complete noob in that area :oops:

Root
BANNED
Re: Connecting to Erm Midiclock+ and Ableton

Post by Root »

I think e-rm midiclock is not made for syncing to a daw, but e-rm multiclock is. That's because of the need of having your daw as master and sending your clock out of the box via audio signal through the e-rm clock. With midiclock you'd need your daw to be slave, what won't make you happy.
:geek:

karol
Interact. Don't Spam.
Re: Connecting to Erm Midiclock+ and Ableton

Post by karol »

Thanks Root...Been fucking around with minibrute internal clock and found a temporary solution,syncing to mother 32 via brute sync and run outputs,and syncing to ableton thru usb,minbrute sequencer clock is sending tempo to mother 32,and push is a controller for starting and stopping sequences from brute and mother...maybe someday i find a better solution,thx for helping