TR8S driver installation error

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
0dd
Get in the back of the van
TR8S driver installation error

Post by 0dd »

MS is harassing me with the digital driver signature. Tried several ways I've found online but no dice. The only way was to disable driver signature check in bios on startup which works until the computer is shut down/restarted. If I don't repeat the disabling in bios it doesn't recognize the device. It's a serious pain in the ass. Just tried Win+R>gpedit.msc>admin templates>system>driver inst>code signing and then tried both enabled+ignore and disabled. Still no dice.. Also called Roland Serbia and the guy said just find the signature check in control panel (it's not there) and disable it.
Any geeks or owners who could help?
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: TR8S driver installation error

Post by Críoch »

I've done similar to this before... with some Roland/ edriol midi keyboard drivers & it worked.

Not sure man. hope you get sorted out.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

0dd

Post by 0dd »

Anyone? I've managed it with some 3rd party, but it busted yesterday, not working again. Also, any owner able to play an actual loop? I imported a 1 min atmos and I'm just getting it as a one shot.
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

buonacc
sad bastard

Post by buonacc »

0dd wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:04 pm
Anyone? I've managed it with some 3rd party, but it busted yesterday, not working again. Also, any owner able to play an actual loop? I imported a 1 min atmos and I'm just getting it as a one shot.
what does this mean? the sample is loaded, but it won't fully play? have you adjusted the Decay amount to max?

0dd

Post by 0dd »

Yeah. Tried now to render as loop and it works but only on one bar. Trying to find out if there's a way to keep it going without changing variations, seems impossible.. Anyway, the usb connection is a much bigger problem so if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

-GeO-
fake

Post by -GeO- »

Here's the info on forcing Windows to disable the digital driver signing features. Seems to have helped others with this issue. Did you give this a try?

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to ... d-drivers/

0dd

Post by 0dd »

-GeO- wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:32 pm
Here's the info on forcing Windows to disable the digital driver signing features. Seems to have helped others with this issue. Did you give this a try?

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to ... d-drivers/
I'm on win7 so the second method goes a bit different, but yes I've tried both. No go.

-GeO-
fake

Post by -GeO- »

dang, well you may want to consider moving up to Windows 10 for several reasons. First off, the OS was released back in 2009, that's a decade ago which is a lifetime in computing lol! Support has since been discontinued and it no longer receives security patches and updates. You may also run into issues with other newer software as well. I know it's not the helpful answer you were hoping for but it will likely resolve your issues which is your goal at the end of the day.

Balog
crud

Post by Balog »

0dd wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:09 am
Yeah. Tried now to render as loop and it works but only on one bar. Trying to find out if there's a way to keep it going without changing variations, seems impossible.. Anyway, the usb connection is a much bigger problem so if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.
hi maybe this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7J9N0JW86s

Balog
crud

Post by Balog »

0dd wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:28 pm
MS is harassing me with the digital driver signature. Tried several ways I've found online but no dice. The only way was to disable driver signature check in bios on startup which works until the computer is shut down/restarted. If I don't repeat the disabling in bios it doesn't recognize the device. It's a serious pain in the ass. Just tried Win+R>gpedit.msc>admin templates>system>driver inst>code signing and then tried both enabled+ignore and disabled. Still no dice.. Also called Roland Serbia and the guy said just find the signature check in control panel (it's not there) and disable it.
now to your other problem.
it may be that you have unused usb device driver.
windows can only provide a certain amount. If these are occupied no new ones can be created. every connected usb device leaves a driver entry. that is always there even if the device is not connected. in the best case you have to delete old drivers.

also maybe this helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErTQJ9f5Dw8

if you dont want to watch 6 minutes
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-r ... -windows-7

after this process reconect the TR-8s and install again

0dd

Post by 0dd »

Thanks for the help, gonna try it today.

0dd

Post by 0dd »

Balog wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:48 pm
0dd wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:28 pm
now to your other problem.
it may be that you have unused usb device driver.
windows can only provide a certain amount. If these are occupied no new ones can be created. every connected usb device leaves a driver entry. that is always there even if the device is not connected. in the best case you have to delete old drivers.

also maybe this helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErTQJ9f5Dw8

if you dont want to watch 6 minutes
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-r ... -windows-7

after this process reconect the TR-8s and install again
Just tried it. Didn't help. This is such fucking BS.

simon_marklar
Pig

Post by simon_marklar »

have you tried opening an admin command prompt and typing

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

??
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪

0dd

Post by 0dd »

simon_marklar wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:30 pm
have you tried opening an admin command prompt and typing

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

??
Yup. No go.