Korg Minilogue XD announced

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
The_G
Artificial Hazard
Korg Minilogue XD announced

Post by The_G »

Big upgrade. Still 4 voices, but now has multi-effects (including chorus for us Roland refugees), stereo outs, the Monologue's filter and the Prologue's multi-oscillator. $650.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... /index.php.

youtu.be/PuJIjMjvgvg

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Korg Minilogue XD announced

Post by Lost to the Void »

God damn motherfucker.

Ooh they added the microtuning from the monologue, interesting.
And the monologue filter, which is a monster
Not sure the additional digi fx excite me if it means losing the old analogue delay on the mini, which is/was a massively important feature for the synth IMHO

I guess I have to get this, I absolutely love my minilogue, this adds to it in a way very very useful to me.
Sell my minilogue or keep it and use it for a purely gigging machine?..... hmmmmm
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I hear you. I sold my Minilogue last year and was partly regretting it...but this is like a greatest hits of Monologue, Minilogue and Prologue in one package. Only issue is I don't really have the space for another key-bed synth right now. So I was looking mainly at the Erebus and Modal Skulpt unties this sexy beast came along...

Wish Korg would release a desktop version...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I'm surprised they don't, desktop modules are quite popular. There's a company that converts monologues to desktop modules.
Maybe they do it for minilogues.

New Erebus is awesome, I'm getting one, I massively regret selling my Erebus (v1).
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

Just chiming in to say the new Erebus is indeed awesome--I picked one up last week and love it so far.

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

Has anyone picked one of these up yet? I'm thinking of getting one in the next couple of weeks. I know the original was very popular and I feel that the extra features (effects, digital osc, ect) on the XD bring more than what was lost from the original. There seems to be a lot of OGs available on the used market too. I have limited space so versatility is important to me at the moment. Does anyone have any opinions on this they would like to share?

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!! this looks like an awsome addition to the family!

between stars
Onions

Post by between stars »

Messed around with this yesterday. The Shape control for the OSCs is great, lots of potential there.

The Drive switch on full is monstrous.

It seems that you can route the 2nd envelope to either filter or pitch, but not both, is that right? So you can have oscillator sync OR an envelope on your filter, but not both? That seems like a weird limitation - I have envelopes on my filters basically 100% of the time.

Ring mod seemed strangely subtle.

But if I needed a poly with a keyboard and didn't care about sync, it would be a pretty nice option.

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

I bought one of these today. Not played with it too much, just synced to my TR8S, surfed the presets and had a little play afterwards. My initial impression is that this is a superb synth. It's so versatile and almost every tweek provides a seemingly usable sound.

As for the sync and filter...you can use the AD envelope for sync and put the lfo in one shot mode to modulate the filter. Not quite the same and uses the only lfo but does get you somewhat there.

The Keybed isn't great but the few boards I've played with mini keys have all been shit so maybe that's just how they are..?..