bass

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
KlockerBen
crud
bass

Post by KlockerBen »

quik tip for people who don't have a sub or deep bass, put your head underneath your desk to hear the bass a bit a better.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: bass

Post by Críoch »

Does this work? Or have merit?

All I could compare it to is when I put my head in one of the corners of my room & feel like I'm being violently mugged.

Do the confines of the desk act as an accurate isolation chamber? Personally.. And I may be wrong here. But I'd imagine it would be a highly resonant place to stick your ears?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Dust Layer
leper

Post by Dust Layer »

KlockerBen wrote:quik tip for people who don't have a sub or deep bass, put your head underneath your desk to hear the bass a bit a better.
Nice tip, and my personnal advice here would be to listen 1 floor under (or in your basement if you can)

Morgan Tracy
tense

Post by Morgan Tracy »

Yeah i do this, i listen from through the wall. Really acts as a good filter...also makes you think you're queueing to get into the club hearing the muffled rumble, haha. Maybe thats just me

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

^^

I can agree with Morgan there.. sometimes a good way of understanding how clear stuff is.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I go for a stroll about the place. Give the bass waves room to cycle, get away from the room.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

StandardModel
skaghead

Post by StandardModel »

going into other rooms helps definitely...

Been working with the sub pac for the last few weeks, going to some things I've made working with it this weekend so that'll be an eye opener I think...

disparate
I forgot.... So baked.

Post by disparate »

Dust Layer wrote:
Nice tip, and my personnal advice here would be to listen 1 floor under (or in your basement if you can)
Maybe not one for the flat dwellers among us. Hold on, just gonna pop down to see how things sound to my downstairs neighbours ;)

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Its a common trick to just stand outside your room in the hall and listen to how it sounds.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

serial
rescued

Post by serial »

also good idea is to put your head in fridge for 2 minutes & come back into the room :P

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Put your head in the washing machine !!.

Haha, speaking of washing machines, I made a whole series of sounds (used on my last singularity release), where I attached a contact mic to the washing machine drum, then put a speaker in there, pretty loud, and played sounds through it from synths and samples from my octa, and then recorded the resulting metallic vibration sounds through the washing machine drum.

Sounded pretty awesome.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

Nice. I did a tribute track to washing machines called Spin Cycle.

On topic, I demoed subpac last month and was pretty impressed. Good investment I think.