how can i desing this kind of glide bleep

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: how can i desing this kind of glide bleep

Post by Lost to the Void »

Pretty crazy the sequoia forest. Some of the oldest trees in the world, some dating to the times of Jesus.
Beautiful. From there we were going to go to yosemite, but it was on fire at the time, haha, and we couldn`t.
That`s the thing with america though, such a diverse landscape, truly a beautiful country, but it has such a dark and corrupted heart now, it is the cancer of the world, culturally and politically, it`s fetid vapours reaching around the globe, corrupting and pushing materialism and selfishness.
It gets worse each year, I have lots of mates out there, I have no idea how they do it...

I would love to see alaska too, I don`t really think of it as america. Again, big ass austere wilderness to lose yourself in.

I really want to see the Gobi desert. I have a thing for deserts.
Would love to do the train ride from france to vladivostok, trans siberian etc.

China this year......

So yeah, I think I`m done with America now.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yeah the transsiberian is on my list too, but I doubt I'll ever get to do that with kids now.
the only holiday I have the cash for nowadays is my yearly holiday to Crete.
I found the perfect little village with the perfect little family restaurant/hotel run by the Greek love of my life.
I swear if I wasn't a happily married man with kids, I'd be makig music there and doing the cooking in the restaurant. (I always have to think of Osunlade, who made Santorini his home)
so untill the kids are still small that'll be only kind of travelling we'll be doing.
When they get older I feel like I'm obliged to educate them culturally (like my parents did with us) by showing them Italy, Greece (not just the islands), France, some parts of Spain,
maybe Prague,... and of course the US and Canada.

but I'll damn miss the Cretan beach. It's a stupid beach holiday, but I swear I get back so relaxed every time.
insomnia is killing me for the moment, and I'm sure I'd sleep like a rose over there.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mongolia should be a massively impressing place as well.
Friends of ours have travelled a year all over the world and were most impressed by Mongolia.
I've heard stories about people that couldn't even stand the emptiness.
Some guy I knew had to go there for 2 months for studies of his, and ran away screaming after not even 2 weeks cause he couldn't stand the vast endless open space.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah the mongolian steppe looks crazy, similar the the american prairie. Just flat endless grassland. Not so much my kind of thing, but I`d like to go to mongolia anyway, mainly for the gobi in the south and the mountains in the north, but also the culture seems fascinating.
And of course all of us in europe could have ended up speaking mongolian.....
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:Yeah the mongolian steppe looks crazy, similar the the american prairie. Just flat endless grassland. Not so much my kind of thing, but I`d like to go to mongolia anyway, mainly for the gobi in the south and the mountains in the north, but also the culture seems fascinating.
And of course all of us in europe could have ended up speaking mongolian.....
I've been to Mongolia, and the Gobi..... beautiful, place. The red cliffs and the night sky in the gobi are 2 of the most amazing things i've seen.

The mongolians are some hard motherfuckers eking out a living in those conditions. Fiercely proud, with some really cool cultural aspects.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I've once heard the story that the Mongolians used to have this "social habit" where they passed this bowl of water (with some salt added) around,
and in order to clean their nose, you'd sniff up the water, then blow it out again.
Obviously, the leader of the crowd was the first to do this, and the one at the bottom of the social ladder was the last to use the bowl... :lol:

never heard any confirmation of this story though, just always laughed when I heard it...

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

I had a conversation with a mate about The Mongolian Empire after seeing a really good documentary on Genghis Khan.
I had no idea just how much territory it covered. It was nuts...
The funny part of it was I was drunk and kept calling him Aga Khan until my friend (who conveniently was into backing horses) just pissed himself laughing!!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Hades wrote:I've once heard the story that the Mongolians used to have this "social habit" where they passed this bowl of water (with some salt added) around,
and in order to clean their nose, you'd sniff up the water, then blow it out again.
Obviously, the leader of the crowd was the first to do this, and the one at the bottom of the social ladder was the last to use the bowl... :lol:

never heard any confirmation of this story though, just always laughed when I heard it...
SOURCE!!!

or you made that one up Tom!! :lol: :mrgreen:
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

It's quite funny to read this thread from start page to last page. Possibly one of the top 10 derail threads on Subsekt. Nice work!
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

surface wrote:I had a conversation with a mate about The Mongolian Empire after seeing a really good documentary on Genghis Khan.
I had no idea just how much territory it covered. It was nuts...
The funny part of it was I was drunk and kept calling him Aga Khan until my friend (who conveniently was into backing horses) just pissed himself laughing!!
Praga Khan ?

youtu.be/TEggJ-PnrqU

my ex-colleague used to be the hired drummer of Lords Of Acid for many years.
Though they were almost unknown in Europe, he toured the US and Japan for many years.
And Lords Of Acid was nothing but a side project of Maurice Engelen, one of the 2 guys behind Praga Khan.
He's told me many stories of all the female lead singers that have passed during the years... :)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

For sure!

I have to say that I was verrry surprised earlier to see people talking about Mongolia after diving straight into the end first.

haha
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:
Hades wrote:I've once heard the story that the Mongolians used to have this "social habit" where they passed this bowl of water (with some salt added) around,

SOURCE!!!

One of my best friends once told me that story, I have no official source whatsoever to back this up.
But on the other hand, why would he invent such a thing ?
I shall ask him instantly next time I see him !

I once heard Hitler only had one testicle, and if I'm not mistaken I once actually did read a confirmation of that somewhere.
("My life in the rabbithole with honey bunny dolfy" by E. Braun, an old classic in the 6+ kid's book department ?
though I could be remembering it all wrong after all these years. Korsakov is an evil cunt.)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mattias wrote:It's quite funny to read this thread from start page to last page. Possibly one of the top 10 derail threads on Subsekt. Nice work!
well, you did explain how to make that bleep more than 1,5 years ago,
plus at last Pedro found Massive's ADSR's and LFO's.
Imagine how much the world would be a totally different place if you hadn't shown him the light and eternal way !

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Hades wrote:
ICN wrote:

SOURCE!!!

One of my best friends once told me that story, I have no official source whatsoever to back this up.
But on the other hand, why would he invent such a thing ?
I shall ask him instantly next time I see him !

I once heard Hitler only had one testicle, and if I'm not mistaken I once actually did read a confirmation of that somewhere.
("My life in the rabbithole with honey bunny dolfy" by E. Braun, an old classic in the 6+ kid's book department ?
though I could be remembering it all wrong after all these years. Korsakov is an evil cunt.)
'cough - BS!! haha!!

Its a cool story Bro. Would be great if it was true. The thought of getting that last snort- NICE! haha

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Hades wrote: Praga Khan?
youtu.be/TEggJ-PnrqU
What the hell? Was this rereleased or something?!
Much prefer the original ravey gravy version...
youtu.be/ikGtCA3OJJc

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

ICN wrote: 'cough - BS!! haha!!

Its a cool story Bro. Would be great if it was true. The thought of getting that last snort- NICE! haha
I hear it's snot bad...
baddum kish :P

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

surface wrote:
youtu.be/TEggJ-PnrqU
youtu.be/ikGtCA3OJJc

aiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiai !

dylanlolwut
Metric Martyr

Post by dylanlolwut »

I've been back on fourth on this topic and mainst09's one, trying to create similar sounds, but i'm not a huge fan of massive. Don't really like how it's layed out (yep, im a picky asshole).

If i was the try and create this type of 'glide beep' in abletons operator synth, how would I go about creating it, does anybody know?

For example, first track I could find with the sort of sound im looking to be able to create myself:
the beep ba de boops can be heard @2:30
youtu.be/2vCk0Gc2dqc

Thanks in advance!
Greetings, brethren. Checketh out mine soundeth-cloud!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

first of all : don't be a stubborn dickhead.
Mattias made such a nice explanation on how you can do these type of sounds with Massive and you have Massive.
You just don't like to use it ?
Come on man.
I don't like to use it either, but if someone posted a perfectly nice explanation with screenshots and I'd want this kind of sound, I'd fucking use Massive again.

Now I only had a brief chance to listen...

This sound to me sounds like it's a steady melody made with 4 notes, not some "modular bleep" kind of thing.
Also, I think it sounds like the first 2 low notes come from a slightly different sound than the last 2 high notes.
Probably the same sound but slightly altered for the last 2 notes.
I just tried finding the notes with the init patch in operator by hitting the keys on my laptop, and the highest note never seems right though the other ones almost do, so I presume there's definitely some detuning or pitch modulation on that high note (at least more than on the others)
The gliding between the first 2 low notes can be easily done if you just use a monophonic sound and use some portamento. I don't think there is any gliding going on between the last 2 high notes.
And the last 2 notes sound like they are played non legato.
In any case, just did a quick test with the sine waves of operator and since none of the notes I tried came out exactly like that line (but close enough) it means it's all detuned at least a bit.
Even if I'm not behind keys, I would have found them after a few minutes if it were "normally pitched" sounds.

no more time now, morning shit will start any time now, gotta shut down the laptop again.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

surface wrote:
youtu.be/TEggJ-PnrqU
youtu.be/ikGtCA3OJJc
btw surface, you do know that the version I posted was the original one ? ;)