How to make this synth?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: How to make this synth?

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:Yeah.. I agree with you Planar.. but I've noticed people posting topics & not replying to people leaving comments for them. Typically the way it goes here is someone asks a "how do I do.." and the 1st couple of responses are xyz.. then people actually start chatting about it. People have thick skins. They'd get exactly what they need if they interacted a little more.. except 4/5 times they dont even say thanks. That happens all over the internet. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
Ah but that whole "gimme gimme gimme" mentality can be found anywhere in our society really.
Our whole commercial industry is making us believe we are all such unique snowflakes. (What's that slogan again from L' Oréal "because you're worth it !" (not sure if they use it internationally, but no doubt they use something similar) ). Slogans like "Be yourself !" or "Express yourself !" or (from Roland) "The soundtrack to your life"... It's all about making us believe we're all so fucking special. (or at least we'll definitely be when we buy product X or Y)

And with people posting every little goddam detail about their life on facebook, or rambling complete nonsense on twitter every 5 seconds thinking the whole world cares about the stupidity they type.
All of this just creates a society of über-narcistic highly self-centered ego's. Even the ones that consider themselves reasonable human beings are probably still a lot more self centered than they realise.
All of us have been guilty to this at some point (though some far more than others obviously).
We've been trained to think this way by our current society.
It's sad but it's true :
humbleness and the willingness to help others aren't promoted as virtues in our current society.

I see the results of that on a nightly basis here at work, and I've seen it grow far worse in the last 10 years.
I don't expect to see any positive change on that acount pretty soon either, unfortunately... :cry:
ICN wrote: I've seen it on other sites all the time. They dont interact as they:

1. Have no interest in anyone elses music.
2. Have nothing else to say in terms of the community
3. Are only interested in getting feedback for their own track.
4. Have little time available to them.

And again.. all that shit is expected and normal. Its probably down to a benign lack of thought and differing motives for the most part.

Personally, I fall into category 4 most of the time.
Yet you still post a lot here, for someone who doesn't have the time. ;)
I don't think it's the amount of posts that counts, but the content. Quality instead of quantity.
Most of us here are happy to help out others, no ?
I can understand anyone who doesn't have a lot of time so isn't gonna be posting very often. I guess every decent guy here does, no ?
(Hell, when I'm not trapped inside a crappy nightshift, I post about 10% of my usual amount.
Jeezes, I want to spend time in the studio in my free time. Even with a superb little forum like this, I still prefer making music to talking about it. :D )
But the people that don't even bother to say thx just once or don't bother to get back to their own topics.
Those are just big leeches in my opinion.
They have no interest in other people but themselves, cause really, how long does it take to write a few lines of thx ?

anyways, end of rant.
I need to get a Red Bull, because I'm totally worth it ! :lol:
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Yep. We're all on the same page. Agree with all of that mate. It's an observable human pattern alright.

you made me realise another reason why people do what they do. I don't listen to many members tracks, cos I'm on my phone most of the time here. When I said I didn't have time, I guess I really meant that I was quick surfing, didn't have a computer / headphones / monitors etc..

I'd say a lot of people are like that. Still. No excuse for not getting back to your own threads.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

man, I limit myself to the hole and dialog parts of this forum cause otherwise I'd lose way too much time here (as much as I love it in here).
I'd love to have the extra time to listen other people's tracks, but the problem is I never wanna do things halfwit.
If I do something, I wanna do it properly, so if I'd wanna check out other people's tracks, I'd wanna do it several times per track, and definitely in the studio listening on the good monitors.
so as long as I'm not posting stuff there, I'll limit myself to Hole and Dialog over here, even though I already feel a bit selfish just thinking about that decision... :oops:

why can't people invent microwave-beds ? Get 5 hours of sleep in about 15 minutes.
I'd go for that allright ! :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

btw, am I the only guy who thinks a name like "the hole" is a bit Freudian ?
ICN, explain yourself ! :D

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Hades wrote: why can't people invent microwave-beds ? Get 5 hours of sleep in about 15 minutes.
I'd go for that allright ! :D
Me too, sleep pisses me off, it just gets in the way of things.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

saminedia
slipper

Post by saminedia »

I like a good sleep.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Hades wrote:btw, am I the only guy who thinks a name like "the hole" is a bit Freudian ?
The origin of the name?

I like to think of it as a cross between some kind of solitary isolation cell in a prison & a vagina.

Possibly :mrgreen:
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Thats what I love about this site. 9 pages later, look at the journey that this thread has gone on haha

We're good enough here I think :mrgreen:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ICN wrote:
Hades wrote:btw, am I the only guy who thinks a name like "the hole" is a bit Freudian ?
The origin of the name?

I like to think of it as a cross between some kind of solitary isolation cell in a prison & a vagina.

Possibly :mrgreen:
ah ! I see.

I like the solitary part though.
I always felt from day one when I seriously tried to get into sound making that it's a solitary thing.
Nowadays you have fora for some interaction, but let's face it, it's not like you can go to work and talk about music production with your colleagues (and in a way thank god for that), give or take a few exceptions.

would wanna live in a vagina though.
That's just for sticking the zizi in and for babies to come out. :D

should have called it "the cave" perhaps ?

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

saminedia wrote:I like a good sleep.
me too, especially after a series of days when I slept 3 to 4 hours,
or after I've been up for 32 hours.

Everyone loves sleep, no ?
But let's face it : it takes up valuable time you could use to do other, far more interesting things.

saminedia
slipper

Post by saminedia »

I dunno, my dreams are are kind of interesting.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I have a friend who (back when we were still at univ) used to skip classes constantly just to be able to sleep hours longer.
He'd set his alarm clock like every 10 minutes or half hour or whatever he felt he needed to have had a new dream, and so he could every time wake up and remember his dream (used to write them down).

My dreams are hardly ever interesting. Few times I remember them, and whatever I remember I can always logically dissect them. Like "ah, I was eating blabla because I heard from my friend he discovered a great recipe for blabla. And that woman's hair was red because I saw this redhead on the train,..."

To me dreams are not much more than hard disk cleaning, defragmentation so to say.
But I always envy people who do have interesting dreams.

If I remember correctly I think it was Edison who used to sit in a couch with a heavy ball in his hand and wait till he felt asleep so the ball would fall on the ground and he'd wake up again. He'd do this because he was convinced people got their best ideas while falling asleep. :idea:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Lucid dreaming is the best. I have been havi them virtually on demand for years now. There is a technique you can apply to help you.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

more info ?

saminedia
slipper

Post by saminedia »

I love where this synthesis question has lead to, haha!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Well, to induce luci dreamign requires a fair amount of time and developing a habit.
I learned this through occult teachings.

So, in waking life, whenever your situation changes, like when you go to another room, or you go out, enter or leave a train, or a car or whatever, pinch your earlobe real hard, and say to yourself "Am I dreaming, is this a dream?"

Also, if possible, whenever entering a room with a light switch.

The best method is to simply hold your breath when situations change. IT might make you look dumb, but it is most effective.
Once habitual, this will hopefully occur in your dreams, the breath holding especially, you can hold your breath indefinitely in your sleep.
Once these things occur in your dreams you will have awareness you are dreaming.

Then....welcome to your sandbox playground, far more realistic than GTA games.

There are further techniques to help, setting your alarm 5 ish ours into your sleep, waking up with the alarm, go to the loo, do something that wakes you up properly, then go back to bed for your remaining sleep, this will put your REM sleep closer to your waking state.

Make a habit of doing reality checks a lot.
New Shit

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

This thread is fucked haha
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Program
Chernobyl

Post by Program »

FreddeS wrote:Hey folks!

I hope someone can tell me how to get this synth done via FM (Operator):

http://www.beatport.com/track/notes-lik ... ix/3854949

Cheers!
No clue, sorry :|

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Mslwte wrote:This thread is fucked haha
Makes a nice change from giving out about stuff though lol

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Program wrote:
FreddeS wrote:Hey folks!

I hope someone can tell me how to get this synth done via FM (Operator):

http://www.beatport.com/track/notes-lik ... ix/3854949

Cheers!
No clue, sorry :|
You have to go into a lucid dream and then ask the talking synth how to make this sound.
New Shit