Sonarworks Sound ID

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
slowpilgrim
broke
Re: sonarworks 5.

Post by slowpilgrim »

You get 2 instances per license, so you can split the cost with a friend. I have a mate locally with whom I share the mic to calibrate whenever room or setup changes, makes it a lot more affordable.

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

I didn't bite during last Black Friday craze, but sure would have taken the opportunity now. Still, mighty generous to do this for the community, Steve!
I'll pass this on for now, as it wouldn't be before autumn that I could do something useful with it, I reckon. Just in time for the next holiday sales.
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

b0n0b0
Poo Fingers

Post by b0n0b0 »

Hey Steve did you manage to get those codes? I want to get this ordered but I figure I may as well wait till after they announce the next version to make sure I get the latest update when I buy it.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I'm waiting for them to provide them.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Ok as they are launching the new Sonarworks tomorrow, the extended licenses are being created specifically for Subsekt (according to Ginz at Sonarworks), so the team will have them for me to put here on Thursday.
New Shit

b0n0b0
Poo Fingers

Post by b0n0b0 »

Nice, thanks for the update

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Appreciate that Steve 😎
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Rickskii
brown envelope

Post by Rickskii »

This update is taking a bit of a bashing regarding price and features. Hope they do a BF sale later in the year.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Fair play to sonarworks. They have offered me a free upgrade as I have recently purchased Ref4.
Obviously someone else can make use of the code.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Rickskii wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:53 am
This update is taking a bit of a bashing regarding price and features. Hope they do a BF sale later in the year.
Yeah, the upgrade price is nuts, going to chat with Ginz about it today. There`s not enough going on in the upgrade for that price. Though they have updated the only thing I had issue with, which is the systemwide bootstrapper, and they have improved the Asio functionality too.

IF the discount code works for upgrades too then I`m in, I`ll see if I can wangle upgrade discounts for the forum, but I`m not upgrading at that price.
New Shit

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

Mslwte wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:12 pm
Fair play to sonarworks. They have offered me a free upgrade as I have recently purchased Ref4.
Obviously someone else can make use of the code.
that's nice - when did you purchase it?

i purchased it back in september, i guess that's too far back

i'm definitely not upgrading at that price

hell, even if i wanted to i doubt i could find it on that clusterfuck of a website - what a mess!

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Same here.. sonarworks 4 does it's job, won't spend 90€ for another GUI. And yes, haha, what happened to that website? xD
:geek:

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

How do you guys work with sonarworks? it's really not good.
You should try dirac live, it sits on great hardware by minidsp, so much better and not a lot more of an investment.
No Bass Lines For Me!

Belka
Wastedddd

Post by Belka »

First Dirac is more expansive at minimum because you need at least the DDRC 24 which costs 450 US$ which are 380 Euro ... on Black Friday i got Sonarworks for 150 or something ... half the Price. To figure out what you need you have to do some research in the first place because Dirac guides you over to MiniDSP and there you need to search thru the Products etc ect. Second Sonarworks takes you by the Hand, its more easy to Set up, even if Dirac might get better results ...i think Dirac even works on the Phase and Time Range if i get it right or? Third the Hardware Box means both, Pro and Contra. I see it more on the Pro Side because you wont need a System Wide Plugin and a VST Plugin in the DAW .... but always these shitty Unbalanced in/outputs. One have simply to choose what he wants and needs ... i fully treated my Space, for the few bumps and dips Sonarwork is ok

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Root wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:50 am
Same here.. sonarworks 4 does it's job, won't spend 90€ for another GUI. And yes, haha, what happened to that website? xD
Its not just a GUI, the bootstrapper has been overhauled, which is essential for me.

Just got an email from Ginz. Codes are taking a while as they are super busy with launch.
However he told me to wait until may to upgrade personally, as they will be offering upgrade discounts then.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Belka wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:19 am
First Dirac is more expansive at minimum because you need at least the DDRC 24 which costs 450 US$ which are 380 Euro ... on Black Friday i got Sonarworks for 150 or something ... half the Price. To figure out what you need you have to do some research in the first place because Dirac guides you over to MiniDSP and there you need to search thru the Products etc ect. Second Sonarworks takes you by the Hand, its more easy to Set up, even if Dirac might get better results ...i think Dirac even works on the Phase and Time Range if i get it right or? Third the Hardware Box means both, Pro and Contra. I see it more on the Pro Side because you wont need a System Wide Plugin and a VST Plugin in the DAW .... but always these shitty Unbalanced in/outputs. One have simply to choose what he wants and needs ... i fully treated my Space, for the few bumps and dips Sonarwork is ok
Sonarworks does phase. It treats each speaker separately. That's why I like it. It tightens the centre image.
New Shit

psicomagia
Alf Garnett

Post by psicomagia »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:25 pm
Root wrote:
Its not just a GUI, the bootstrapper has been overhauled, which is essential for me.

Just got an email from Ginz. Codes are taking a while as they are super busy with launch.
However he told me to wait until may to upgrade personally, as they will be offering upgrade discounts then.
Steve, do you mean upgrade discounts in general or towards the subsekt community - just like the codes, for instance - ?

I too found the upgrade price a bit heavy. I just bought it in last November, not even 6 months ago for an expensive product and it's already thrown away (in all honesty I don't expect any more new upgrades for sonarworks 4).

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Sonarworks has transformed my room. REW was a good free option in the interim but I think with all the extra measurements with the included microphone there is a noticeable difference. The low end is much tighter with sonarworks. The upgrade has slightly better functionality. I didn't have much time with ref4 before I got the upgrade to Sound ID.

if you don't already have sonarworks its worth every penny. Essential studio purchase imo.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

psicomagia wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:08 am
Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:25 pm
Root wrote:

Steve, do you mean upgrade discounts in general or towards the subsekt community - just like the codes, for instance - ?

I too found the upgrade price a bit heavy. I just bought it in last November, not even 6 months ago for an expensive product and it's already thrown away (in all honesty I don't expect any more new upgrades for sonarworks 4).
The codes for the extended demo license I'll be getting soon.
Ginz said they will be doing discounts for upgrades in may.
Although initially I thought the upgrade was 140 doses or something it seems to be 89euro or something now, so I think they have already started reacting.
But yeah, may for upgrade discounts.

Isnt there some thing about people who bought it this year get a free upgrade and people who bought it up to some date last year get a discount?
I'm sure I read that somewhere. I'll check, the website is a fucking nightmare.
New Shit

Belka
Wastedddd

Post by Belka »

yeah MSLWTE, in this Thread ... few Posts over yours ^^