Colundi frequencies

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
ggroove
brown envelope
Colundi frequencies

Post by ggroove »

So I was just reading an interview with Aleksi Perälä (from the gearslutz-section mentioned earlier in a different topic) and he mentions something called Colundi alot. I like his music so I kept reading. There's not much information about this set of frequencies and the crowd is, as far as I understand, pretty small. I have not read into this carefully at all..

It doesn't really help that it seems that most followers of Colundi pride themselves in shrouding everything in very vague explanations borderline "new age" hehe, though that might be just be my frustration talking. I like very plain, simple explanations and the whole notion that frequencies reveal themselves to the practitioner puts me off. Frequencies, air, sound etc. is after all firmly based in science, but the effects they have on the listeners mind can of course be/seem very mysterious.

Nevertheless new approaches or philosophies regarding music creation has always been fascinating to me so just wanted to see if any of you guys read up on this. It's not claimed to be a tuning (in the traditional sense), instead it's some kind of mathematical sequence of frequencies claimed to stem back from ancient cultures (standing waves in certain sacred rooms in pyramids etc). But if it's mathematical it should be very easy to just map these frequencies over the whole audible spectrum, but again it is instead said to be revealed and discovered.

Some of the music really resonates with me.

Here's some music and info:

what is colundi?

we fail to reliably express our precise thoughts & intentions using words.
consequently, you may fail to understand us.
we apologise for the effects of such misunderstanding.

common purpose.
consideration of data.
colundi everyOne.
youtu.be/hs342lcjGAk
youtu.be/81XMr6eieGY

Interview with Aleksi: https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2567
Last edited by ggroove on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ggroove
brown envelope
Re: Colundi frequencies

Post by ggroove »

wayfinder wrote:elaborate bullshit :)
Well played!

To be fair, my gut reaction is BS as well, but I try not be as dismissive. The Colundi community doesn't really help though, being so woo woo.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

If it looks and sounds full of woo, then it most probably is.

If it looks like an elephant...

Sounds and reads like audiophile bullshit to me, and I'm not averse to the occult.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

“Instead of dividing the keyboard into octaves with semitones, we have chosen specific frequencies to work around... The scale is 128 resonant frequencies chosen via experimentation and philosophy, each relating to a specific human bio-resonance, or psychology, traditional mysticism or belief, physics, astronomy, maths, chemistry.”
Yep. Bullshit.
Might as well sit inside a pyramid with specific crystals when making your music as well whilst you are at it.
New Shit

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

pretty much grew up on rephlex and all that skam stuff. Liked the secrecy and stories that came along with it, but it's over. Really wish they would drop this obscure talk crap. Aleksi makes great music. It's enough. drop the gimmick.

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

All of the Colundi Sequence stuff is amazing. The mysticism behind the tunings is bollocks, though. It's just a scale. Perhaps they've used some maths in a nifty way, and that's neat, but the higher-meaning stuff is a gimmick.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Speaking of the devil....I just had this conversation today with some acquaintances.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Lost to the Void wrote:
“Instead of dividing the keyboard into octaves with semitones, we have chosen specific frequencies to work around... The scale is 128 resonant frequencies chosen via experimentation and philosophy, each relating to a specific human bio-resonance, or psychology, traditional mysticism or belief, physics, astronomy, maths, chemistry.”
Yep. Bullshit.
Might as well sit inside a pyramid with specific crystals when making your music as well whilst you are at it.
I am disappoint ..

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

It's ok. I was doing my own research and I have now developed my own series.
It's called the Colander Frequencies.
I chose the frequencies via experimentation and "philosophy" (I read some nietchse quotes on quotable). And it's all related to very specific vibrations of the peniseal gland in the brain, which is the third Japseye (politically incorrect), Freudian psychology (everything is a penis), traditional mysticism (mainly that lucky horseshoes are only lucky when curve-up, and throw salt over your left shoulder when spilling to prevent bad harmonics), physics (cos like, gravity, and vibrations and resonance and shit), astronomy (because like, we are all made of stars so like..... Stars and shit), maths (because everything has to add up), and chemistry (cocain mainly).
You just place a colander on your head, and it filters out all the bad harmonics, but it still allows your hair, which are you aerials to the cosmos.....Hairials, if you will, to poke through, which like connects you to the vibrations.
This allows you to choose only the most ripe harmonics and resonances, quickly and easily, and it connects your music to the cosmic rhythmic energy pulse emitted by Ahtum at the centre of the universe.

You should try it.
New Shit

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

Lost to the Void wrote:It's ok. I was doing my own research and I have now developed my own series.
I chose the frequencies via experimentation and "philosophy" (I read some nietchse quotes on quotable). And it's all related to very specific vibrations of the peniseal gland in the brain, which is the third Japseye (politically incorrect), Freudian psychology (everything is a penis), traditional mysticism (mainly that lucky horseshoes are only lucky when curve-up, and throw salt over your left shoulder when spilling to prevent bad harmonics), physics (cos like, gravity, and vibrations and resonance and shit), astronomy (because like, we are all made of stars so like..... Stars and shit), maths (because everything has to add up), and chemistry (cocain mainly).
You just place a colander on your head, and it filters out all the bad harmonics, but it still allows your hair, which are you aerials to the cosmos.....Hairials, if you will, to poke through, which like connects you to the vibrations.
This allows you to choose only the most ripe harmonics and resonances, quickly and easily, and it connects your music to the cosmic rhythmic energy pulse emitted by Ahtum at the centre of the universe.

You should try it.
You need to eat some mushroom, bro.

Go to Amsterdam, try the truffles...
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

We have plenty of magic mushrooms in this country cheers.
I prefer Salvia though.
New Shit

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

Lost to the Void wrote:We have plenty of magic mushrooms in this country cheers.
I prefer Salvia though.
Damn yo, anyone that smokes that shit on the regular is more insane than I am.

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I take it twice a year, or DMT sometimes.
It's like servicing your car, but for your brain.
New Shit

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

Fuck man, impossible to find those 2 here. Shrooms yeah, some acid but very rarely. Come to think of it, my heroic dose has been waiting far too long..
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

Good to hear someone using the term “heroic dose”

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Lost to the Void wrote:It's ok. I was doing my own research and I have now developed my own series.

You should try it.

Hmmm...nothing yet. Banana looks a bit brighter though ..

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Hahaha
New Shit